1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The set I'm using is the black EMGO ones from this list:

http://www.bevelheaven.com/stuff-for-sale-mirror.htm

I already bought 'em cause... fuck, $15 a piece. If they suck then I'll figure out a use for 'em.

Questions:
Anyone used these mirrors, or any EMGO products?
Anyone dealt with Bevel Heaven before?
How much of a bitch is it going to be to use the expanding sleeve thing on my Hayabusa?

Yeah. I know they're ugly. But they cheap, and cheap is pretty.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
never seen em. never used em. let us know how they work out. . . bigger than most. esp. bar end mirrors i've never seen good size ones before like that. mbe you'll actually be able to see!

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I'll even be able to make lane changes without dislocating my spine.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
thats always a plus.

im thinking about installing a rear view camera as opposed to a mirror.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bike shop is building a gixxer 1k streetfighter and he's planning on putting on a rear view camera. He's done it to other bikes and likes it.

I wonder if it can be legally considered a mirror?

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
I like those mirrors. Like Adam said, you can probably actually use them. I know a few ppl that have 3rd eye mirrors(from bicycles) and tell me they have a good view, but I just don't see how. Plus, I lane split alot and need my space.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Emgo's are cheap, but cheap is cheap. lol. We sell a lot of them with the warning, "You're paying $15 bucks, expect a $15 mirror".

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
haelo said:
My bike shop is building a gixxer 1k streetfighter and he's planning on putting on a rear view camera. He's done it to other bikes and likes it.

I wonder if it can be legally considered a mirror?
haelo i havent yet tried to go thru inspection with this (i will this spring tho). i have heard stories from people with this setup and they said the cops were so impressed by it the just forgot why they pulled em over, and asked em to slow down. haha.

my biggest concern is blind spots. hopefully its not too bad.

Endo: +1 they dont say 'you get what you pay for' for no reason do they?

Enrico: im with you, but i guess i dont really even use mirrors when im splittin lanes... maybe quick glances to see if theres any flashing lights.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
GL which bike are you wanting to get them for?

Lockhart Phillips has them say for the 929, part number 108-6000P retail for $99.95. tell em you want em for 90!

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
nope not the 929,im robally gunna be getting aa 2002 R1 right away
so id want them for that.ive heard alot of peoples lens were falling out of the LP ones???anybody else hear this?

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
enrico vespa said:
I like those mirrors. Like Adam said, you can probably actually use them. I know a few ppl that have 3rd eye mirrors(from bicycles) and tell me they have a good view, but I just don't see how. Plus, I lane split alot and need my space.
That's what I am using and there fine for normal travel but for splitting lanes there just not enough

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
The Green Lantern said:
nope not the 929,im robally gunna be getting aa 2002 R1 right away
so id want them for that.ive heard alot of peoples lens were falling out of the LP ones???anybody else hear this?

from what i can tell those mirrors are junk and your better off not running em...but if thats what you want.

so is there another maker of them or somthing?? the ones in LP look the same as every other i've ever seen.

:confused:

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
ahh fuck they look like crap

is their anyway to put turn signals into my headlight
i want them off the side of the bike but they have to be there,cops here dont like me too much

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay, these Emgo mirrors are useless to see out of. They have this weird double vision thing going on and they're impossible to aim for some reason.

But they keep me legal and look kinda neat (until they break off on some fucks door)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts