Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a hyousung comet 2006 125 , and the prev owner has tried to drill out on one the mixture screws and made a god dam mess of it looks like he/she has used too large a drill.

I was wondering and please forgive my stupidity here but if i was to use a tap and die set to remove the fooked mixture screw and create new threads and hopefully find a mixture screw to fit would this work?

or am I just being wishful thinking

I have tried to find info on my carbs with 0 luck all I know is there mikuni and yes I have thought about buy a second hand pair but eh 0 luck again (uk based)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you get the screw out? Do you have to drill it out?

A picture might help.

I hate carbs.
I wont be able to get a pic till tomrow..some one has already treid to drill it and made a mess and damaged some of the carb
I managed to find some info on the carb

mikuni bds 26 carb if I could find out what other bikes used this carb just incase if I have to replace it

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would it be possible to drill it out, pack the hole with JB Weld or similar, then drill and retap to the original size?
I could give it a bash but ill be honest the best description I could give is it looks melted the mixture screw as been drilled so badly it looks welded into the carb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts