Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I`m new to this forum and was looking around for ideas to mod my K4 gixxer. All I`m after is a better riding-position because my back is aching from the agressive style of sportbikes. The bike is pretty much awesome when it comes to performance and I want to keep as much of it as possible. :knucks:

I have allready started the work and I will make a point list in every move I do in this project.

First of all I`m going to post some pictures: :thumbsup:

Before/after the plastic removal

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
- bought a fatbar and brackets/risers from a local cheap parts dealer.
- didn`t want to drill holes in the original yoke, afraid its not durable enough. :eek:
- ordered topyoke conversion kit from topyokes.com
- new yoke looks very good and rigid :)
- got 22mm brackets with the yoke, my fatbar is 26,8mm.... :doh:
- made another order for the rest of the kit from topyokes.com, that has longer brakelines and a manual for rerouting all cables etc and fatbar brackets.
- Now I`m waiting for the payment to come through so I can get the kit and continue the work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
- want to keep as much of the side-fairings as possible. Thinking of cutting it just as much as the radiatorcap shows
- want to swap for blue colored coolant hoses to match bike colors.
- not so sure what to do with the overflow bottle...
- another problem is how to mount the speedo. Cant seem to find any good ideas for that yet.
- headlight is another story...decided not to use the original one...looks too bubbly. Want something that matches the bike and has some agressiveness to it...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you have a clue to how to reroute all the front spaghetti, please feel free to enlighten me :D

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
After you get the wiring sorted for the head light speedo and all those goodies wrap them all up together or into 2 smaller ones and run it out the the top of the radiator like this

Before

After

That's not the best way to show it but you get the idea just try to keep it off the valve cover if you don't have a heat shield

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, mate. On your second picture the wires disappeared completely. Sweet :)

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Headlights can make or break a build amigo. My suggestion is to take your time picking it. Looks through build threads,pic threads and choose what you like best. Then look at it from different angles as well. Just my .02 otherwise, DW AMIGO!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Headlights can make or break a build amigo. My suggestion is to take your time picking it. Looks through build threads,pic threads and choose what you like best. Then look at it from different angles as well. Just my .02 otherwise, DW AMIGO!
Yeah, I was thinking the MT03 headlight, and yes I know its a very commonly used headlight, but hey, I want my bike on the road as fast as possible so I can crank it again :D
Also, it has to e-marked to be approvel road legal. So I think it has to be 60/55w bulbs type of headlight too..

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I didnt see your thread before, but a local shop told me that if ur gonna put dirty bars and risers on one thing that they do is put jb weld to fill in the top yoke and make it thicker then they drill the holes. Looking good so far man

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didnt see your thread before, but a local shop told me that if ur gonna put dirty bars and risers on one thing that they do is put jb weld to fill in the top yoke and make it thicker then they drill the holes. Looking good so far man
Yes I saw that. But I cant get myself to trust the durability with that... but thanks for hte info :) Allready ordered and installed a CNC conversion yoke :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally I got my fatbar risers and brakeline kit from topyokes.
3 months deliverytime is impressive! :hairpull:

Want to fit the parts tomorrow, but its freezing cold in the garage...Snow is reported incoming soon. Maybe I`ll just go buy me a snowmobile and fighter that...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Up next is the rerouting of throttle and clutch cables. Topyokes promised me a manual with pictures...but I never got this. Thats a bit disappointing on top of the long deliverytime...but if someone could give me a hint on how to do this, it would be much appretiated :)
Otherwise I will have to figure it out myself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can anyone answer this? (cant seem to find the answer when searching...)

On the switches on the handlebar there is a pin that goes into a hole in the clipons... this hole dont excist on the fatbar. What to do, what to do...?? What did you do when you did this? :nuts:

thanks

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
I too get rid of that pin and put regular drafting tape on the bars to create some friction surface. The switch unit's case
screws should grasp on strong enough to keep it from spinning.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks guys. I think drilling in the fatbar is out of the question. think I`ll go with the tape solution.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts