Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pinstriper4fun
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would really like to put dirty bars on my bike. But Cant think of a way with my current setup. I was wondering if I took my top clamp and cut out an alum plate to fill in the center dropped section and weld it on. And possibly the same on bottom to make flat. would it then support some bolt on risers and dirt bars?

·
Pinstriper4fun
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah both those options are kind of out of my price range. :) z1000 trips dont come up very often and when they do they are spendy. I could always wait a couple years till I can get into working on a mill at the shop and make one, Otherwise right now I'd have to pay someone else there to make it for me.

I think I might take a crack at bulking/flattening this one up. If doesn't work I will either just have to keep using the clip-ons or fork out the money for one of the first two options.

·
Pinstriper4fun
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice idea on altering the risers. Hadn't thought of that. but like you said. flat stock on top. I'm going to see if I can find a piece of scrap to weld on top. make it nice and flat all the way across.

Im excited now. I might be able to get that nice sit up riding position after all without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Im pretty sure The 03-04 triple will fit the 05-06 forks. I have 1 if you want to trade

Edit: I know it does cuz I have 05 forks and put them in the 03 triples

·
Pinstriper4fun
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
really hmm...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts