Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i need a new slip on exhaust and basically my chances are zero of getting a OEM for my CF Moto 150cc, i was thinking of hacking a GSF1200 slip on into a shorty and making it fit my bike

but the problem will be the diameter of the pipe will it effect my carby jetting?

pics below of my current exhaust and the one i want to highly modify

Attachments

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
Depending on the inlet diameter ebay has a bunch of cheap crap from china that works decent enough for small bikes to open them up a bit. The Bandit pipe may be more work than it is really worth, but chopping it down and doing something extreme with it may just well suit your application too. I say if you don't feel like spending coin on a slipon with the same inlet diameter as your current mid pipe, go for it and make that B12 pipe a shorty can that has that character noise a hooligan lives for.

·
Registered
171 Posts
How far off are the OD and ID from each other?

If they are close, you can chop the new exhaust shorter, weld an L bracket to the pipe leading to it, and fill the gap with exhaust gasket material. I used it on an old (80s) Honda XR 250.

I agree with n0regrets5, seems a lot of work. But when does that stop anyone around here.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,429 Posts
What are you trying to accomplish by doing this? It sounds like it is just to get rid of the banged up can. Can you get some thin aluminum sheet and skin the existing exhaust? Find another exhaust sleeve and slip it over the current one?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its all about customizing the bike guys i thought a simple cut on the replacement can than a bead of weld around the cut end would finish it?

the exhaust is one piece complete pipe and muffler and its stainless steel,if i wrapped it in aluminum how would i secure it?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Typically chinese carbs are just copies of a Mikuni or Keihin and almost always you can use their main jets (pilots vary a little more and might not swap).

Teikei carbs are common on Chinese bikes and even some small cc/ cheap Japanese bikes. They're usually based off a Keihin, and use Keihin mains.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts