Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
poor bastard
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on modifying an old watercooled GSXR frame. Since this forum has lots of information in it and also lots of bullshit, it's hard to come by the right topic and post. I'm sure I had seen something before and had no luck finding it any more after several tries. :(

So, the question is next: what alloy is the frame most likely made from, what material should be used for modifying the important places and what fillers can be used?
Or what alloy and filler have those used, who have welded this?

·
poor bastard
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4043 filler widely used, have lots of it at work.
So if these two are used and the welding is successful, the frame will not be likely to snap in half after a few wheelies or such?

·
poor bastard
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok... I'm thinking of using the swingarm pivot blocks and rear engine mounts with suspension as a part of another frame to make it a bit easier to build one... have to see what tubing sizes and materials could I possibly get.

And you, funny guys, eff off, if you havent got anything to say, say it somewhere else please!

·
11,015 Posts
a company in the uk used to sell frames like that , i'll try and find out who it was . i've also seen a fireblade frame swingarm pivot used that way , and a lot of the stunt guys do a similar thing just now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts