Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
[troll-mode]Nice! But can it kick much better riders off their bike after running them wide in the corners?[/troll-mode]

Heh, yeah, i do wonder the "why?" too, RoboGP? I can't imagine that would be that great. I guess it's just engineers getting to do cool engineer stuff. Props to Yami for letting them do it i guess.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I think this is pretty lame really, all it did was ride in a mostly straight line. They would have made more of a point making it look less like a rider and just putting servos and actuators on the bike. It's just a control system just like the traction control, measure speed and lean angle and change throttle/brake and steering to compensate. It would have been much more interesting to see it trying to go fast on a track (or at least slalom in that parking lot), and a vision system with GPS would have been a challenge more worthy of that kind of media attention. And comparing a robot bike that goes 100kmh in a straight line to rossi... cmon.
Sorry but I am an engineer so I just don't think this was that impressive. And RoboGP would be boring, I definitely wouldn't watch it. If you want to watch machines go around a course check out that quadcopter racing stuff.

·
Cmon' Kitty!
777 Posts
Dragging pegs at 100 would've been a touch more impressive

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
I think this is pretty lame really, all it did was ride in a mostly straight line. They would have made more of a point making it look less like a rider and just putting servos and actuators on the bike. It's just a control system just like the traction control, measure speed and lean angle and change throttle/brake and steering to compensate. It would have been much more interesting to see it trying to go fast on a track (or at least slalom in that parking lot), and a vision system with GPS would have been a challenge more worthy of that kind of media attention. And comparing a robot bike that goes 100kmh in a straight line to rossi... cmon.
Sorry but I am an engineer so I just don't think this was that impressive. And RoboGP would be boring, I definitely wouldn't watch it. If you want to watch machines go around a course check out that quadcopter racing stuff.
Yup. Pin the throttle on one and hop off. Fuckers will go forever all by themselves. Many a stuck throttles on dirt bikes as a kid. They only stop when they hit trees. :D

·
BLACK BELT
7,069 Posts
Pretty sure the idea of the robot competing with Rossi is Japanese humor.

The robot's for safety testing.

Not always best to go straight to human testing, and probably best to actually road test new devices and equipment.

I don't see the Honda ASSIMO riding any bikes! :D

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
Yea the second I heard that I too went ...excuse me what? Got a proper rush of blood cause in my opinion the very statement is flawed. Surpass me (or Rossi I suppose) to what end? The last time I checked the entire purpose of riding a motorcycle is not to transfer the pile of molecules that make me from A to B, it is the ride itself. Yes I suppose they can make a robot that can take a motorcycle around a track faster than me if given enough time to hone it, but I honestly doubt it will have as much fun doing it as me.

Reactions: shinyribs

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Marquez crowded in to Rossi too far. Marquez was on the way down before Rossi kicked his knee out.

#SepangClash: Rossi and Marquez get physical! - YouTube
the knee or leg isnt why marquez went down. i watched the race live and watched all the practices and the press conference that got the whole thing started. marc crashed because rossi purposfully went wide to push marc out and off line. probably didnt mean to make him crash but his actions lead to it. rossi went on the inside and marc did what he was supposed to when a rider shows u a wheel on the inside, u back the fuck off because u both want to be in the same spot but the guy on the inside has the advantage and "right" to the apex. rossi knew exactly where marc was, marc just did what he was supposed to, backing the fuck off letting the guy on the inside pass, but the guy on the inside didnt want to pass, he wanted to ruin his day.

and yes i believe marc was sandbagging to fuck with rossi but rossi is still in the wrong, he was basically too slow to do anything about marc passing him left and right so he acted out like an ancient-massive-sized-child

i was rooting for rossi this year against lorenzo but fuck that bitch ass mother fucker, u purposefully going out of ur way to put a rider off line which leads them to crashing is a deal breaker for me. fuck rossi, hope he retires after this year and losses the title chance at Valencia.

and now that im looking back at Argentina, rossi is at fault there too, he swept right just a tiny bit for no reason, he was pissed he had just gotten passed pretty roughly on the inside and wanted to throw marc wide to fuck up the next left hander but marc didnt back off (some might argue he shouldve) and rossi ate his front wheel.

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
What was this thread about again?

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
You didn't see rossi look back over his shoulder three times to make sure he was pushing marquez wide? Might have talked his way out of it if he hadn't been so obvious.
Rossi wasn't looking back when you see Marquez come way in and his helmet taps Rossi's knee. I think, instinctually, that's when Rossi kicked his knee out.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Rossi. He always struck me as arrogant. And I know he was fucking with Marquez, I just don't think he can be blamed for Marquez falling on top of him. So Rossi pushed him out of a corner?....yeah....it was a race. I'm just saying Rossi didn't crash him. You can't blame a guy for fighting for the better line through a corner. Nobody got red around the ass when Lorenzo was being aggressive with Rossi earlier in the race. Rossi just backed up and prevented a crash though.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
You didn't see rossi look back over his shoulder three times to make sure he was pushing marquez wide?
I took the look over the shoulder as Rossi warning Marc to quit the antics. You can't exactly yell to get your point across.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
There was a ton of battling early on in the race. Since nobody is running mirrors, everyone was looking over shoulders.

I've watched the first half of that race about 10 times now. This first several laps were fucking awesome.

When Rossi cut inside Marquez while carrying the front tire, while Marc was struggling for front tire grip, well, that was just a beautiful bit of riding. All these guys are amazing.

Fuck the robot tho :fu:

·
Registered
705 Posts
So Rossi pushed him out of a corner?....yeah....it was a race. I'm just saying Rossi didn't crash him. You can't blame a guy for fighting for the better line through a corner.
WTF. He was way off the racing line on purpose. Marquez clearly expected Rossi to turn in and follow the line which is why there was contact. He should have been speeding up not slowing down.
I find it odd that people think Marquez should have left Rossi alone like he was inconveniencing him or something. He wasn't fast enough to pull away, he finished some 8 seconds behind Lorenzo if I remember right. Any rider has the right to pass, there's no requirement for a rider to respect someone's championship fight. If he couldn't pull away he should have tucked in behind Marquez to chase the leaders and tried passing again later.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts