Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here is my thought of the day i was looking at angryguystreetfighters.com today and prices for euro fighter tails they range from about 320-600$ american now i will take into consideration this is because for one the pound is worth more then the canadian and american dollar. also ther is shipping for these products to get to america as well as duty fees. so really the price for those is not too bad due to it is made over in europe or uk. now i was looking at motocyco's site and they do make nice product and nothing against them but. their product is made in the usa but they charge just as much as the euro ones wouldnt you think it would be cheaper due to it is made in the country and there are no shipping duty or other conversion moneys charges that are included in this price? i understand it probably took a long time for them to make the product and get it to be good quality but why the high price tag does any one else feel the same way.

i do want to state that i am not slandering there product or company in anyway i do think they make cool products and understand they are part of the culture and most of there stuff is priced accordingly to whats its worth but i am just stating my opinion above of how i feel about the price not them in general.

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
I can't see myself paying more for a small bike part than what I paid for a door and sliding door for my minivan.

BUT, the reason these things cost so much is that it needs to be worth while to sell. They made the mold and complete the finish where you can paint it.

Then there's the novelty of it. If it was $50, everyone would have it like those acerbis headlights.

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess you are right but honestly i fiberglass lots of stuff i can make molds and what not i know what it takes to make something like that and it isnt worth 400 i charge less for a custom fiberglass subwoofer box fit to interiors of cars so my point was it should be cheaper due to it is made locally where as the euro ones are exactly the same finish and quality and they are more due to they are made in europe.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
All of their stuff is kinda pricey. They probably have a lot of business expense where they are.
They got bills to pay, and have to price accordingly. It's up to each and every customer to decide if it's worth it. If their tails had a minute chance of fitting my bike and I could afford it, I'd buy one.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
i cant speculate as to why things cost how much they do.

i can however say that, for the most part, fighterers arent going to pay big bucks for damn near anything besides a turbo kit, especially if its somthing they could possibly make themselves or with some help. thats not to say their or anyone elses product isnt worth it, just that fighters came to be because of a lack of money. most of us dont have spare cash to be spending on stuff like that. we'd rather put it in the motor or a fancy gadget that optimizes our riding experience.

:twocents:

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
finally someone sees it my way haha yeah i wont pay something i beleive is outrageous that i can build myself for a 1/16th of the cost.
and yes i do admit it is nice product and if i had the money to throw around i would probably buy stuff from them but. like you said most people who build fighters are all the same we dont have much of the money

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
They have the market. What other company in the states makes fighter bodywork? Maybe only a few. Companies overseas a lot of times you have to wait for a while for it to be shipped, its not from the homeland, yada yada yada.

I agree though, if I made fiberglass parts, I think I would try to sell them cheaper. BUT, that would have to depend on how the numbers added up too. None of us know what kind of expenses they have to pay to produce those pieces.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
1: Buy fighter body kit
2: Have dealership install kit
3: Buy chrome rims, rearsets, hand controls
4: become an fighter

·
hack
729 Posts
haelo said:
1: Buy fighter body kit
2: Have dealership install kit
3: Buy chrome rims, rearsets, hand controls
4: become an fighter
haha, you should put that in the tutorial section "how to become a putz, err streetfighter, in 4 easy steps"

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
albertaf4i said:
i guess you are right but honestly i fiberglass lots of stuff i can make molds and what not i know what it takes to make something like that and it isnt worth 400 i charge less for a custom fiberglass subwoofer box fit to interiors of cars so my point was it should be cheaper due to it is made locally where as the euro ones are exactly the same finish and quality and they are more due to they are made in europe.

I spent $900 on the tail for my bike. It was worth every cent. It made the bike.

It's basicly a one off from the UK. Needless to say, no one will even see it on a website, let alone another bike.

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
enrico vespa said:
Then there's the novelty of it. If it was $50, everyone would have it like those acerbis headlights.

Exactly, I hate the front that's on my bike. It's a cheap gay part but it did the job.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Not to be a dick but isnt the tail on your bike a modified ducati part? Im looking at the spare tail I have sitting in my room and it looks almost identical other than the end comes to a point and the cowl part on the rear......$900, that seems a little overpriced.

Nice bike though :)

·
Ebay PosterChild
981 Posts
enrico vespa said:
If it was $50, everyone would have it like those acerbis headlights.

He went there!!!!! LOL

plus why not just make your own piece? i am gonna make my f3 tail into something special i hope :S

1 - 15 of 15 Posts