Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched round 2 of MotoGP and was not impressed. The coverage seems to have been farmed out to Fox Sports one and as well as wearing their sponsors logos, 2 riders had to wear stupid big hands to endorse Fox Sports coverage of MotoGP. Add to that the amount of sponsor name dropping, even to the extent of the leaderboard being prefixed by a sponsor name, and even blocking off part of the screen to advertise other Fox Sport events for american sports. And Finally... constant interruptions for adverts.

This is what happens when the coverage is purely there to make money!!! The sooner it moves away from America the better.. hopefully the coverage might improve!!!

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
so you want something for nothing? your not paying to watch the race so who do you think is? if you dont wanna see advertisements GO BUY A DAMN TICKET! and but the way the best tracks on the circuit are in AMERICA!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before BT SPort bought the deal off the BBC, it was advert and sponsorship free as the BBC are not allowed to advertise or make money off sponsorship. I am not arguing about the quality of the tracks in the US, just the change in the quality of coverage now that BT Sport have it. The BBC have all of their own commentary team and do not farm it out to the likes of Fox Sports. It seems that Fox Sports have a big thing for adverts and sponsorship and love to interrupt coverage at every opportunity.

Compare this to the coverage of the first race in Qatar and that was advert and therefore race interruption free and while there was still some product placement it was nowhere near as extreme.

And on a final note, I used to have to pay my license fee to watch any TV here in the UK and as part of that I got to watch the BBC coverage of MotoGP. I still pay my license fee, and if I didn't know how to get hold of it off U-Torrent, I would have to pay extra to BT Sport for the privilege.

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
fine here you go

http://www.motogp.com/

$20 bux a year (US) totally advertisement free and you can watch every moto gp race there ever was going all the way back to 1992. you also get live streaming of all the races, practices, and qualifying rounds again.... totally advert free uncut coverage from just about any angle you want to watch from. now im not sure how the bbc was getting it done but based on the fact that you said they are not allowed to sell advertisement slots says to me there is some government subsidizing going on there, which means they were paying so you could watch moto gp advert free

·
Wannabe
1,502 Posts
fine here you go

$20 bux a year (US) totally advertisement free and you can watch every moto gp race there ever was going all the way back to 1992. you also get live streaming of all the races, practices, and qualifying rounds again.... totally advert free uncut coverage from just about any angle you want to watch from. now im not sure how the bbc was getting it done but based on the fact that you said they are not allowed to sell advertisement slots says to me there is some government subsidizing going on there, which means they were paying so you could watch moto gp advert free
$20 to watch it until the Tuesday after the race.

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
fine here you go

Over here we pay an outdate thing called a license fee for receiving TV programs, this is what funds the BBC and their sport coverage.
I used to watch Motogp on eurosport but since Bt have got the coverage I am unwilling to pay so many fees to watch bike racing.
Sorry but on the whole world MOTOGP how can you compare your circuits to the finest from the rest of the world.????

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
$20 to watch it until the Tuesday after the race.
umm noo unless i got some super secret deal, like i said you can watch any motogp race going atw back to 92

Over here we pay an outdate thing called a license fee for receiving TV programs, this is what funds the BBC and their sport coverage.
I used to watch Motogp on eurosport but since Bt have got the coverage I am unwilling to pay so many fees to watch bike racing.
well if people would stop paying the license fee. there would be no more licencing fee. there aint nothing that comes on the tv that you cant get off the internet. the only real difference being who your giving your money too.

Sorry but on the whole world MOTOGP how can you compare your circuits to the finest from the rest of the world.????
because the finest from the rest of the world are not in the greatest nation in the world :rock:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the UK paying your license fee is not an option. If you have equipment in your home capable of receiving TV or radio signals then you are liable for the fee. If you don't pay it you can be fined or sent to prison. Lots of people in the UK would love to see the license fee abolished and the BBC pay their own way, but that ain't gonna happen!!!

BTW... Phillip Island is an awesome circuit as is Assen. Not dissing US circuits, but get a grip, they are not that great!!! ;-)

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
ok, i get that but your still making the choice to pay buy having the equipment to receive the signal, it nothing new we call it cable or sat tv over here. the minor difference being that if we choose not to pay for those services we do at least get a local news channel or two. seriously, i dont own a tv and haven't for at least! two years now and still find everything i wanna watch online.

my point being you do have a choice.

now before anyone actually gets but hurt as far as the track thing i was just kinda poking at you guys. but i will say this Indy has just as much history and prestige as any other track in the world with the exception being assen perhaps. thats the 200 year old circuit aint it? i mean fuck! thats almost as old as the usa its self. and cota is widely regarded by all of motogp as the most fun and demanding track in all of moto gp :blbl:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think we have to accept that the way the UK TV service works is different from a lot of other countries. We have a sort of state funded TV service that should provide a certain level of service bearing in mind that even a computer connected to the internet can technically be viewed as subject to the licence fee as it can access the BBC TV on demand service, but anyway....

The age of a circuit or its heritage doesn't define its quality... as for Indy, how difficult is it to drive round an oval track for what seems like an eternity...

Now before I get the NASCAR mafia taking a it out on me, I am of course joking. I am sure it takes skill, but a lot of that is lost on us British as our race tracks have bends that go both ways!!!!:blbl:

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
I enjoyed the BBC coverage, even the commentators (most people seem to hate them). Also, i don't mind paying the TV licence fee. BBC is almost certainly one of the best media providers in the world, I'd pay the fee for the radio and news channels alone, (mostly) un-biased, (totally) ad-free content FTMFW. So I was a bit gutted when they lost the GP coverage, I don't have Sky or BT so I went and got the season pass with MotoGP.com, so far i've enjoyed their coverage, extra behind-the-scenes stuff etc. Worth it for the 99 euros or whatever it was.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Who provides the coverage and commentary for the MotoGP site? I probably won't bother this year, but if the BT Sport coverage continues to be this crap, I may well look at the pass for next year.

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
Who provides the coverage and commentary for the MotoGP site? I probably won't bother this year, but if the BT Sport coverage continues to be this crap, I may well look at the pass for next year.
Main one is Nick Harris, there's a pit / interview guy: Dylan Gray and another guy: Gregory Haines.

Hadn't heard of them before though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts