Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just have a couple questions pertaining to importing a motorcycle from the US to Germany. I have some experience with AMG Mercedes in the past, but never with a motorcycle and am very curios as to what would need to be changed in order to make the motorcycle street legal in Germany (Lights, dials, exhaust are what usually needs to be changed on a car.) I am moving there for college and would like to not only bring a bike over for myself, but also to sell. I was wondering if it would be profitable to do this (not sure about the transportation and modification costs as compared to a car.) I was thinking i would purchase a Buell here in the US, specifically Salt Lake City http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=16366797&cat=144&lpid=&search=buell something like this, another XB, or a 1125R, and then re sell them in Germany. I was thinking Buell because not only are (were) they American, but also part of Harley, which inherently makes them more valuable outside of the US (In Germany, anything that says Mustang/Camaro/Charger, etc on it sells quick because its American), and also because they are no longer being produced, making them a collectors item. Buells being mostly classified as streetfighters would also mean they would be popular in Germany. Here is a listing in Germany of Buells for sale: http://www.autoscout24.de/modelle/motorrad/buell/ Virtually all of them are considerably more expensive in Germany than in the US which got me thinking.

I guess the main questions are:

1. What are the costs of importing a motorcycle from the US to Germany(transport, mods, etc.)?

2. What additional taxes would need to be paid to then legally resell the motorcycle (MwSt)?

3. How popular are Buells in Germany?

I would appreciate any and all replies. Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Falls ihr Deutschsprachigen des uebersetzt braucht, muesst ihr mir einfach bescheid sagen, mach ich gerne. Wuensch euch allen noch ein schoenes wochenende!

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Hi all you can all me CWutz. Was having a look around your forum and thought you might be able to help me with some questions I have.
Fixed it for ya.

Welcome to CF man.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, ive been a member for a while now, but thought i would post this in the welcome center so more people would see it and because it isn't a question pertaining directly to the technical aspect of motorcycles, meaning that n00bs might know too! But thanks for the replies so far ha

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
I aint gotta clue but big props and good luck to ya mate :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there way to transfer a thread to a different category? I thought i would put it in the welcome center so everybody would see it, but i think it might be better to have put it in the general section..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lighting will have to be changed it's pretty cheap. Just head to a US Military base area and look for light conversions places. You will have to pay an import tax regardless to even get it there once that is paid you can do the inspection in England it was the MOT. A lot of places will let you do the lights and MOT in one stop. I lust got back from England and I will say my bike failed an MOT cause I lubed the chain so I was slinging grease. Wiped it up re inspect and passed. As far as Speedo I don't think you have to change it but it's recommended. Also check in to licensing requirements cause if your younger than 21 I think they won't allow you you to ride anything over a certain cc. It's that way in England for young people so I imagine the same for the whole EU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts