Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Urban Guerilla
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a set of these last weekend from the local Cycle Gear, for $60. They are designed to fit handlebars up to 7/8", and are highly adjustable.

I switched to these after my no-name eBay specials (soon to be posted in Classifieds for cheap) wouldn't let me use any gloves that had knuckle protection. They interfered with the twisting of the throttle grip because they were so close to it - I had the mirrors in the upright position as I could not see with them set below the bars, because I cut my bars down to fit between cars better.

The other problem with the old mirrors was the buzzing. At 85mph, in 5th gear on my Bandit, they were perfectly still and offered a good rear view - at any other highway speed, they were fairly useless.

The Motrax mirrors, thanks to the adjustable arm the actual mirror is attached to, give me plenty of room at the grip. Even better, I was able to install them below the handlebars, and still get an excellent view of the road behind me. They give the impression of having a rear view mirror, like those in cars, on each side of the bike. Better still, there is no vibration at any speed or gear. I am no longer guessing how close those cars behind me really are, or if any of the local constabulary are trying to sneak up on me.

I have only two gripes about the Motrax units: the black paint chips off a little too easily; and they may come out just a little too far on the sides of the bike, though they have not yet hindered me while lanesplitting.

·
Hawk GT's are Cool
1,482 Posts
great mirrors, have had them on my bike for quite awhile, for anyone with gilles gp lite (believe thats the model) clip ons get the bar ends with the clip ons, the motrax one will not work with these particular clip ons. Haelo i have some cheapo naploean mirrors, if you pay shipping you can have them.

·
25 Posts
yeah, i was looking at your site with those. will those mirrors and adapters work on a set of renthal alloy bars? i bought my bar and riser/clamps set together on ebay, only later realizing that the thick walled alloy bars and their undersize internal diameter made it quite difficult to find bar ends and bar end mirrors that fit.

I carry the Targa Bar End mirrors which are $99 for the set with adapters. Lot cheaper then the CRG and they are die cast aluminum in black or silver. Little better quality then the Motrax.

·
Moto Madness Customs
3,444 Posts
yeah, i was looking at your site with those. will those mirrors and adapters work on a set of renthal alloy bars? i bought my bar and riser/clamps set together on ebay, only later realizing that the thick walled alloy bars and their undersize internal diameter made it quite difficult to find bar ends and bar end mirrors that fit.

Hey sorry for the late response didn't see the thread. They are made to fit 7/8 bars. If the Renthals are really thick in the inner diameter, you maybe able to bore it out slightly.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
most bars are 7/8 at the ends. even the 1 1/8 fattys are made to have the same controls mounted on them. the mirrors fit in most bars and even seem to have a smaller wedge fitting for the thicker bars aforementioned. i tried them. i think they kinda suck. maybe i would recommend those targa ones. one of my motraxs did have a looseness and a vibration to it (those 2 studs you cant tighten right on the back of the mirror). they both push back at high speed. even overclamped to where i have a hard time adjusting them. the wind still pushes them back at 100 plus. they just get in the way. im gonna sell these shits and get a traditional branch

·
Moto Madness Customs
3,444 Posts
The Targa ones are pretty good but Targa has discontinued the Barend adapters for the mirrors for some odd reason. I have tried all 3 brands and have to say the CRG mirrors are well worht the money. The Targa are a close 2nd. Also an awesome mirror are the Rizoma Barend but they are even more expensive then the CRG's

·
813 Posts
One thing to note on these mirrors. I have been running them for awhile on my fighter and a few weeks ago one of the mirrors fell out on the highway. The little plastic clip broke off and the mirror flew off and shattered. It might be a good idea to take the mirror apart and put some goriila glue or doublesided tape behind it for a better hold.

·
Not A Plastic Copy
203 Posts
Ive heard the motrax quality was not soo good by a few people?

I had a bar end mirror for a bicycle on my hornet 600 and it was brilliant, had to bodge it slightly tho as it was made for bars with a larger interal diameter but it was fine evan over 100mph. And it only cost £5 for a single mirror!

Then i decided to purchase one made specificaly for motorbikes which cost around £12 for a single mirror and it was very vibey evan at low speeds so it came off about 2 days later and put the bicycle one back on.

The visability was brilliant and id deffo buy it again :)

heres a pic of it fitted...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts