Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Not sure whether I started a thread in the right place, but I hope we can work with this. I moved to Chicago last Friday. Needless to say it was a huge change from England. Still trying to adjust and find out all the little bits and bobs there are to the city as well as the United States. The biggest pain in the butt is finding a workshop. My wifey wants to live as close to the center as possible - so my chances to get a garage with the house are slim to none :angry: So I am looking for a small industrial unit somewhere around Chicago. Nothing huge to start with (around 1000 sq feet), but am OK with sharing as well as absolutely any offers this crazy crowd may have.

Either way, if you guys have any advise / tips on how and where to find something like this, or even better, if you have anything to offer - give me a shout...

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
+1 on Chicago that's a huge move from England. I'm sure in Chicago everything will be expensive best thing to so is look on craigslist.com for a place to rent.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
I'm a little confused on Chicago too. I'm sure you have a good reason. Anyway, welcome to the good ol USA.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Welcome to the United states man. Where in England did you live? Yall are thinking that Englands nothing but countryside but if the dude was living in London or something like that than Chicago won't be a massive change. Anyways people are different here man, especially in the big cities. I wouldnt trust sharing a shop with a stranger to be honest with you. You might very well show up one day with all of your tools and your bikes gone.

·
UnicycleMode
7,580 Posts
but am OK with sharing as well as absolutely any offers this crazy crowd may have.

Either way, if you guys have any advise / tips on how and where to find something like this, or even better, if you have anything to offer - give me a shout...

If you do need a place to turn a wrench, or even storage for a project (Got 4 of them here for the winter now! Two being CF members. :)), I know I am a bit north of ya but I have been a pillar of the motorcycling community here on CF for quite some time now (My name holds a little weight) and offer anything and everything I can to fellow CF members. My shop is always open, always beer in the fridge, and you can undress my turbo bike with your eyes while we hang out and get some shit done. :D

It's a few hours in the car one direction to the east side of Madison here in the cold north that I call home and everyone else calls Wisconsin, but I have a guest bedroom and a full shop next to the house, a surplus of parts, and an exotic stable of machinery and tools. What I don't have in house is a matter of minutes drive away too. ;)

Storing a project for the cold months, riding, etc. feel free to get ahold of me. I'm always happy to be an ambassador for the north american street fighter and motorcycling culture.

Ever ridden an ice racing bike? Want to? It's alotta fun! Us Wisco fools can introduce you to the country's finer grass roots points proper! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the welcome's guys... long story why i chose chicago... i might tell it after a beer... :) any way i quite like it so far...

about craigslist - nothing realy good... all workshops or miles away or big and expensive...

RatFighter: i will gladly visit your workshop - at least to undress your turbo beast...:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts