Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,620 Posts
i dont think you should do the cafe fairing, but thats me.

the bike you posted as an example is pure sex! good aspirations!

·
I'm Watching You
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont think you should do the cafe fairing, but thats me.

the bike you posted as an example is pure sex! good aspirations!
That one is still up in the air, but bodywork isnt a huge priority just yet. I want to focus on the chassis first. If I keep my wits about me and follow a logical progression on this build, I might make the deadline.

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
LOL 'dinning experience'...

Looks like a cool plan, gonna be interested to see how the cafe fairing ties in with everything.

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
i love these bikes, had one myself and was sad to let it go. Hope everything goes well for you and i hope you dont just try to copy that other bike.

·
I'm Watching You
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i love these bikes, had one myself and was sad to let it go. Hope everything goes well for you and i hope you dont just try to copy that other bike.
Its just pure luck that I happened to run across that bike since it had done already what I was considering doing on my bike and helped clear up a few issues. So there will be similarities between my bike and that one, but I dont copy anyone :D And regardless, even if my bike were built just like that one, it would still be unique and Id never see another one like it. Plus that bike is in Finland, so i dont think we will meet at a red light or anything :D

·
I'm Watching You
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OOooo, its gonna be a good Xmas at my house this year. On the way we have 02 busa forks and shock, busa calipers, R6 switches, hydraulic slave cylinders, radial clutch MC, tank, FJR1300 swingarm, linkage, axle, caliper and bracket, final drive, ujoint. Not to mention the goodies Ive got coming in for the FZR: brembo radial clutch and brake MCs, slave cyl, and 03 R1 gold dot calipers. I might look into some exhaust cans that caught my eye as well :D hehehe, it pays to be single and have no kids and having my nearest family 1200 miles away at Xmas :D

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
i almost forgot to tell you, but im sure you already know. xs11.com is a very good resource and the guy that built that xs fighter posts on there also

·
I'm Watching You
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, been there. Its a good resource, but I dont fit in over there :D The average age seems to be 50 and there arent many customizers over there(beyond which highway fairing to use, or which seat has the most ginormousest padding). Good info though and its really given me a good start on what I want to do. And Ive been in touch with the 2 or 3 users over there who have gone in this direction with their bikes. And 2 or 3 is about all there is. All the rest are stockers or restorers :D

This forum fuels my addiction better and a buildoff gives me an excuse to buy lots of parts :D It creates a vicious cycle. :D

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
yeah, the forums over there are full of old guys lol

but they sure do know alot

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Them old fuckers ,they do know their shite though mates...:thumbsup:

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
WORD BROSEPH... KEEP ON TRUCKIN GET IT RUNNIN

·
I'm Watching You
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I need some opinions. I tend to be kinda color biased to a degree and dont always think outside the box colorwise. Its a little early for me to be planning color and certain bodywork, but its kind of important for accent pieces that I need to order now. I had a nice plan, but then ended up getting silver Busa forks instead of black R1 forks, and it changed my thinking a bit. I want to keep the engine mostly polished, not painted. My last bike was ALL black and red, no exceptions, I want some polish in here. Ill probably do polished lips on teh wheels, polished engine covers, and silver accents here and there, but I am trying to decide on a final color. Budget is a major concern and paint can get expensive, so I cant really plan anything outlandish. I wasnt even considering it until a few minuted ago, but looking at the pics of the tank I won, that light blue would look really good with polished accent I think. But I want some other ideas. i was originally planning on doing black forks, engine,swingarm,frame and white body, but now that ive taken most of the black out, it wont look right with the white. So I guess, to summarize, what are some good color combinations to go with polished and silver parts?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts