Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I gots this sporty about a month ago, and see, I got this problem where I just can't leave things alone. I've fixed a few things here and there...like that bolt where the shifter peg should have been. I'm not quite sure where I'll go with this bike but I'll just start off with a day one pic, the day I brought her home

Attachments

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
I like to see sportys on here getting done over, subscribed for action...
Do work...

'merica... fuck yeah

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I guess I should mention I also have a 98 buell that started as a s3t, I started disassembling it when I got the xL but has found it's way to becoming a donor bike. The first donation was it's mikuni hsr42, then I had to put together a a/c and do something about the c/c vent system. I'll have to take a pic of the set up so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So this is what I put together so far for intake so far, I've got to paint over the chrome and that brings me to to my first request for opinions.
Besides black, what other color(s) would make good accents with that yellow. I tried that red breather but not sold...should I stick with yellow/black mostly....hate to bite off the Yamaha speed block

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True but my insides desire more, and that's such a off yellow I can't use it to accent unless I have a quart of dtm matched and hand paint bits n pieces. Like the rims, I was thinking two-tone, hoop one color spokes another, I kno, mag, but you get it. Black rim and lower fork just seems like too much....maybe white/black, red/black....dunno...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, inhaled clubmans and after a couple rides in a couple different positions I like the farthest forward with the most downward angle on the bars. I also went ahead and threw the 7" headlight from the buell, too bad I dropped it and broke the trim ring, oh well, and I went ahead and put the buell turn signals out back cause she had none and while I was out back went ahead and cut off some of that cast iron support hd likes to use, if I'm lucky I'll have her below 550#....still a pig but good for a xL, especially with dual front brakes

Attachments

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Clubmans are looking good man!

Were you able to get the rat's nest from the 5-3/4" light stuffed into the buell's?
When I had put a buell 7" on mine I couldn't get all that wiring B.S. back in so I ran it off to the side. The bucket had a weird indent on the side and sat too close the the light. I ended up switching back to the 5-3/4 to get that shit back hidden...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts