Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Buell Fighter
2,114 Posts
Is this your first timeout at MSRH?

I used to love riding there. Great track (although some sections are a little scary due to pavement changes).

As a matter of fact, that's where this happened!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5t8sCge2Es

I was running 1:51's on my CBR F4 and just put a little too much upper body off the bike...lost concentration and busted my ass! Happened right after The Launch. I think these were some of my slower laps too as there weren't many people on the track at the time. Man I miss the track.

·
squids.. sqids everywhere
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've done two trackdays, and both have been at msrh. I'm a bit biased, by way of never going to other tracks, but I really like it. I'm running 2:15's give or take.

Oh man... The launch. I hated it the first time out, but on my second track day, I loved it. The lefty coming out of the launch into the key hole is where I was leaning my lowest.

Speaking of the cbr f4.... I have one that needs quite a bit of work, but with no title, I'm gonna either make it a track bike or a stunt bike.
View attachment 79906
I feel like if I made it "track" ready, I would prolly perform better being that it wouldn't be my everyday rider, and I would be less worried if I crash it or not. Bringing my r6 out, I reckon that's my biggest fear. Crashing my everyday vehicle and being screwed out of transportation. But damn does the Ol r6 look good in her track attire... :D
ImageUploadedByMO Free1451683001.886287.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1451683034.645920.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1451683066.068216.jpg
The last pic was taken coming out of the launch into the lefty before the key hole

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Buell Fighter
2,114 Posts
My F4 was the second bike I had on the track. The first was my daily driver Buell 1125R and although it was much faster and way more precise than the F4, I was definitely faster on the F4. It's the exact reason you're thinking. The fear of wrecking my daily held me way back.

I slapped race take offs on the F4 and didn't look back. Tons of fun.

I modified the F4's rear suspension though and made some other modifications. Check out my track bike build here. I'll post a link in a minute and it goes through everything.

·
squids.. sqids everywhere
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks bud. I'll definitely be checking it out...
First time I did Msr I was on a buddies 04 Gsxr 750 track bike. I've been told it was bored to 800, but don't know for certain. I guess the fear of wrecking someone else's bike was strong with this one... My slowest lap times were put down with this pig of a bike....
ImageUploadedByMO Free1451928104.521669.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1451928139.349159.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1451928163.242419.jpg
I was told that for 1500, that Gsxr could be mine.... Always a possibility.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts