Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

MVRK10256's "Friends in Low Places" - 2005 GSXR 600 Streetfighter Build Discussion

4K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  HickLife 
#1 ·
MVRK10256's "Friends in Low Places" - 2005 GSXR 600 Streetfighter Build Discussion

Discussion thread. Talk to me folks.

#3 ·
Re: MVRK10256's "Friends in Low Places" - 2005 GSXR 600 Streetfighter Build Discussio

Late start, now I expect a come from behind victory!
Lol. Last to start, first to finish :) at least thats the plan.

The aircraft stripper did what it could, but I never get good results like some of the folks on here. Going to get a sander tomorrow to get the rest of the paint off. Tail has been shipped. Need to get the front wheel fairing thingy off too.

hopefully tomorrow I can get everything sanded down, and let the bondo flow on that tank.

#8 ·
Re: MVRK10256's "Friends in Low Places" - 2005 GSXR 600 Streetfighter Build Discussio

I'm dealing with condo myself FUCK BONDO I HATE THIS SHIT. Next time I'm dropping the extra coin for a fresh tank

#9 ·

I'm dealing with condo myself FUCK BONDO I HATE THIS SHIT. Next time I'm dropping the extra coin for a fresh tank

For sure. I hate bondo. so much sanding and work. and it still looks like bondo. Hopefully this turns out well

#11 ·

use thinner tape to lay the initial lines down. then mask the area with the wider stuff (or tape newspaper to the lines). thinner tape won't pucker leaving those gaps where the paint got under.

if you can't find 1/4" wide stuff, i've resorted to cutting up wider rolls.

#13 ·

use thinner tape to lay the initial lines down. then mask the area with the wider stuff (or tape newspaper to the lines). thinner tape won't pucker leaving those gaps where the paint got under.

if you can't find 1/4" wide stuff, i've resorted to cutting up wider rolls.
Ya I kinda figured that out when I did the tank. Its better than the front fender. However with cans there is always some over spray and particulate and shit. I am never painting stuff like this again. I will do it with a compressor in a garage or I wont do it at all.

Looks like you're having as much fun with bondo as I am. Today is my last go at. If it doesn't work I'm buying a new tank

Could you take a pick of the side you bondoed and what looks like with paint and clear?
Ill post one in a bit. You can still see its been bondoed. I am not too worried since my buddy will probably lay this thing down at some point.

#12 ·

Looks like you're having as much fun with bondo as I am. Today is my last go at. If it doesn't work I'm buying a new tank

Could you take a pick of the side you bondoed and what looks like with paint and clear?

#15 ·

Lol I can see I sent in the top of it but I meant if you had a pic of the side where you bondoed it so I could see. I just finished my tank after putting on and sanding off almost a whole can of bondo but I now have it looking like it's not there it took 4 layers of filler primer 3 times wet sanding and depending on how it looks it the morning I might give it one more sanding.

#16 ·

Lol I can see I sent in the top of it but I meant if you had a pic of the side where you bondoed it so I could see. I just finished my tank after putting on and sanding off almost a whole can of bondo but I now have it looking like it's not there it took 4 layers of filler primer 3 times wet sanding and depending on how it looks it the morning I might give it one more sanding.
It was meant to be a 10' bike. Here are some close ups. Close you can totally see it even with all the filler primer i used. Need automotive shit to get it good.

#18 ·

Wooo!!!!

I am done. Can one of the more experienced folks take a look at my last build thread post and see if its in the right format for entering the contest?

#21 ·

Looks legit to me. Covered all your bases.
Thanks!

usually the viddy has someone riding the bike too. :twocents:

i'll have to ask wolfie
Well I cant ride and film so that is going to have to get a pass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.