Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
The Duke is a complete running driving titled bike. Only thing wrong with it are the rivets in the mufflers. Suspension was just rebuilt and the tires replaced with Power 3's probably 3-400 miles ago. Has brand new pads, flushed the brakes with ATE Type200 fluid, and a recent oil change (probably 12 miles ago). I'm asking $3600 for it. Buy the mufflers on eBay for $270 and you'll be able to blow away any DRZsm for less money. Or don't buy the mufflers and still blow them away. Haha

·
Sick of being frozen
1,085 Posts
Anyone else riding out of metro detroit?
I'd like to ride US12 as much as possible (used to own property in coldwater MI)
Anyway, PM me if you're heading out of the east side of MI, a riding buddy will change my travel/sleeping accommodations.
edit- mid MI guys I could meet half way.

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
I'm gonna be leaving from Madison, Wisconsin, sebwiers, I'll have an I-pass and since I either fractured or severely bruised my tail bone (wonderful huh?) I'll likely be with TocTuning in his turbo Audi. Looks like it'll be either a mega burn from Madison on Friday, or an overnight Saturday into Sunday.

If that's how things work out I'll drop the 1100 lump in the trunk. medimicated, I'll hit ya up on facebook coming up on the date and let you know what's going on. Should have a solid plan on how I'm getting there, but count on the 1100 engine being with me. ;)

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
I'm gonna be leaving from Madison, Wisconsin, sebwiers, I'll have an I-pass and since I either fractured or severely bruised my tail bone (wonderful huh?) I'll likely be with TocTuning in his turbo Audi. Looks like it'll be either a mega burn from Madison on Friday, or an overnight Saturday into Sunday.
My current hope is to do a bunch of twisty miles into Madison on Thursday or Friday and overnight in Chicago. Some old friends are doing thier first DJ night in a new location on Friday, so I'll roll from Chicago to IN on Saturday morning.

Maybe I can hook up with TocTuning for a burn back from IN. Following a pace car would be nice, especially if it has radar detection. I bet he can outrun me though - the bike is good to cruise all day at 100, but gets hard on the rider past that.

·
10,448 Posts
For food I guess brats/burgers or chicken?

I'll have the truck and trailer with probably the gsxr1000 and DRZ. I finally got the shifter kart wiring mostly figured out so I need to quick throw together the rest of that and if I live through the first test ride I'll probably be bringing that down as well.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Put the work time off request in today, wife is gonna hold off on starting work until I get back. Guess that's that. Now I just gotta figure out how to pack a few days clothes and a tent & bag on the bike.

Food wise, grill stuff is OK. I can't do anything with cheese / milk, so prefer grilling to pizza. Include some veggies that work on the grill (zuchini, peppers, carrots, corn, pineapple) and you even have a decent balanced meal. Beer can chicken also works well on a grill, and we'd have enough people to kill a bird or two. I'll probably bring my stove top espresso maker and coffee, so the grill works for breakfast too.

Looks like I won't be clubbing in Chicago (the DJ gig is on the 21st, not 14th) so might get there earlier than originally planned, like say Friday afternoon.

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Friday night will be spaghetti , well make a run out for drinks.
-anyone fancy riding to the drag strip to participate/ watch test and tune?

Saturday
breakfast: coffee, pancakes, sausage, eggs, ect

Lunch- ride up into Michigan for lake side lunch (20-25min ride)

Dinner late grillout, beef patties, grilled chicken, grilled veggie skewers, and dogs.

Sunday play it by ear. Depending on how many guys are still there

·
10,448 Posts
By me you don't need a full suit until you run 10.99 or faster or break 119mph. If you are slower than that you just need a leather jacket, leather gloves, and leather boots that cover your ankles.

I don't think I'll be there Friday night but if I do I'll be sure to bring my suit to run the shifter kart and the gsxr1000.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Well, I know I've done over 119.... whether I can do it in 440 yards, not sure.

The only leather jacket I have is a ratty punk thing from the 80's.

But it sounds like as long as I don't break into 10, i can run in flip flopd, eh? Well, if I break into 10, i don't need another run.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts