Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello people, as you can see by my post count, have not posted much. I have been way too busy trying to get my bike finished. Still needs a couple of odds and ends, but it is pretty much done.:D

Attachments

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I custom made the headlight, the assembly came off of a peugeot scooter, and it had only one projector beam, I cut up two lights, and made it a dual projector. The turn signals are in the top corner of the cat eye lens.

Thanks for the compliments. It is not a finished project, I still want an underseat exhaust on it since I did the VFR 800 swinger swap. I still need to paint the front rim, and I am kicking around doing a tail swap, but I do not know what I want.

Tom

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
friggin sweet!

think you could take some close up shots of the swinger pivot for me? still looking for a 800 arm for my 954 (unless anyone has one they want to trade for a 750 or nt650 arm :D). curious to see how well everything fit together.

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tommy Pantsdown said:
You from Pitts?

:cfrocks:
No, I am from Memphis, TN, now living in Tampa, FL. Just a big fan of the Steelers!!

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
skr00zloose said:
friggin sweet!

think you could take some close up shots of the swinger pivot for me? still looking for a 800 arm for my 954 (unless anyone has one they want to trade for a 750 or nt650 arm :D). curious to see how well everything fit together.

Hi Skr00zloose, you were on Old Skool Suzuki alot weren't you?
I am UK Lee's friend, the one who keeps getting him all his shite from the states. I can tell you how to do the pivot. when you find a swinger, make sure it has the VFR800 Pivot bolt with it. What will happen is you take your old and new swinger to your machinist, along with the pivot bolts. in your old swinger, make sure you have the old bushings in it. the machinist will have to make you 2 new ones to go with the VFR swinger. take the CBR pivot, and have him measure the parts that go into the pinch bolts, pivot and nut should be the same OD. new pivot bolt will need a bushing made that is the same OD as the original pivot, and an ID of the VFR pivot. that goes inside your engine. have him make a new pivot with the large ends for the the pinch bolts on the swingarm carrier, with the pivot part the same size as the VFR. Sounds like a pain in the ass, but it is pretty straight forward. email me if you want specifics or, for about $375.00, I can make the whole thing for you out of Stainless steel. I am making all new stuff for myself, because I just used regular steel for the initial setup.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Hybrid929RR said:
Hi Skr00zloose, you were on Old Skool Suzuki alot weren't you?
I am UK Lee's friend, the one who keeps getting him all his shite from the states. I can tell you how to do the pivot. when you find a swinger, make sure it has the VFR800 Pivot bolt with it. What will happen is you take your old and new swinger to your machinist, along with the pivot bolts. in your old swinger, make sure you have the old bushings in it. the machinist will have to make you 2 new ones to go with the VFR swinger. take the CBR pivot, and have him measure the parts that go into the pinch bolts, pivot and nut should be the same OD. new pivot bolt will need a bushing made that is the same OD as the original pivot, and an ID of the VFR pivot. that goes inside your engine. have him make a new pivot with the large ends for the the pinch bolts on the swingarm carrier, with the pivot part the same size as the VFR. Sounds like a pain in the ass, but it is pretty straight forward. email me if you want specifics or, for about $375.00, I can make the whole thing for you out of Stainless steel. I am making all new stuff for myself, because I just used regular steel for the initial setup.
and that's why i asked :D, thanks! wasn't sure about the difference in the pivot diameter. but now i know, and knowing is half the battle (G.I. JOOOOOE!!, lol)

and yeah, i used to be on oldskoolsuzuki quite a bit, but since i sold my 7/12 i really haven't been there much. still have a big soft spot for the old oil cooled suzuki's though.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
nice!! hybrid youre back!! i wondered where you disappeared to. . . obviously the garage!!

great work man. looking HOT!

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I appreciate the props people, I worked long and hard to get it to the point it is now, but, I keep thinking of other things I would like to do. SHHHHH!!! don't tell my wife!!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
dont worry. the wife doesnt have to know.

and if she finds out...tell her you got the parts for dirt cheap thru our classifieds or a part swap or somthing. haha

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
929_adam said:
dont worry. the wife doesnt have to know.

and if she finds out...tell her you got the parts for dirt cheap thru our classifieds or a part swap or somthing. haha
LOL adam, I have done the dirt cheap parts and swap thing before!!!
I guess it worked once, it will work again!! :LolLolLolLol:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
Hybrid929RR said:
LOL adam, I have done the dirt cheap parts and swap thing before!!!
I guess it worked once, it will work again!! :LolLolLolLol:
hahaha. we all have buddy. at one time or another. whether its to mom or the wife. i got it for CHEAP CHEAP moneys! haha.

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thought I would add an old pic of the bike before I got new paint. You guys will probably like it better, since it is not all shiney!!! :LolLolLolLol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts