Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saved the bike from a friends patio. It had been wrecked.Then someone stole his wrecked bike, wrecked it again. Then he got it back from the police and its been sitting since then.

poor thing

I had to replace the stator and cover. The has tank was extremely rusty,sitting for a year with that horrible e10 gas. Ospho coated the inside of the tank which worked wonderfully. Changed the oil, replaced the battery and she fired right up.

every piece of plastic left on it was broken, so i figured might as well streetfighter it.

picked up a used twobros. slipon for cheap. Got some protaper bars with some dirtbike clamps i already had. My dad machined some nice 1inches risers for them. Started to come together nicely. Can't forget the longer galfer brake lines.

hopefully put a new tail on it soon and some fresh rubbers:thumbsup:

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
True story. I don't even wear shorts if I'm just going around the block...always at the least jeans and over the ankle boots and gloves. Now that I have a good jacket I always take the extra 30 seconds to throw it on as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That bike had a rough life. Looks like you are off to a great start. Not so sure about that head light though
it was inexpensive and dot approved, light output is lacking tho. prob add a hid later

Or gear (lack of)
just a quick jaunt around the block

True story. I don't even wear shorts if I'm just going around the block...always at the least jeans and over the ankle boots and gloves. Now that I have a good jacket I always take the extra 30 seconds to throw it on as well.
added some grip tape to the tank to help my skinny ass hold on. cant ride without jeans now, unless you want some bloody knees. my temporary light setup til i can put a different tail on it.i poked a hole in my license plate for an led.

excuse the iphone quality

ive had roadrash scrubbed with an iodine sponge before youd think id know better.:muah:

i also mounted the gauges in the tank.

At some point in time this bike went end, over end. Only way i can think of to dent the gas tank like that.

my favorite mod so far is the rsc easy pull clutch lever. the pull is ridiculously easy and smooth. ill be adding one to my other bikes

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Damn that bike has had a hard life glad to see it getting some. And you should you really show your body some love and get some gear. If the bike has a flash back and wrecks again you'll be one sorry motherfucker if you don't gear up

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Swapped out my Gatorade bottle overflow for a bud light one.

And I saw a sweet Busa with a sidecar at a local half mile event.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Added led turn signals after the cheapies I bought at cycle gear failed in a couple months

Got some woodcraft frame sliders just incase

And a horrible pic of the new gold rk chain and sprockets -1,+2 is perfect

And some regular Maintance, thinking about painting the header flat blue

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
which way did you re-route your wiring and cables up front?

and did you go with a set of OEM galfers of another model, or custom?
Wiring is extended 4inches or so to the controls. The throttle is just turned so the cables face down. The clutch cable is close. I custom ordered the galfers turn around time was quick. Can kinda see how cables are here

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wiring is extended 4inches or so to the controls. The throttle is just turned so the cables face down. The clutch cable is close. I custom ordered the galfers turn around time was quick. Can kinda see how cables are here

gotcha...

I took apart the rats nest of cables under the airbox and found there was plenty If I ran it through the intake holes.

What do you mean by "The throttle is just turned so the cables face down"

Right now I have the clutch cable looped back to run out the clutch side intake hole in the frame, and the throttle cables run inside around the side and under the airbox out of the throttle side intake hole. I'm not sure its the best path.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The clutch cable is almost ran stock, just not secured in the stock spots. Instead of the throttle cables facing forward like stock, they face down. Where it leaves the throttle tube. I can take a pic if you want. I think I'm explaining it correct:LolLolLolLol:

Picked up some flat blue header paint, well see how it turns out

·
Registered
20 Posts
The clutch cable is almost ran stock, just not secured in the stock spots. Instead of the throttle cables facing forward like stock, they face down. Where it leaves the throttle tube. I can take a pic if you want. I think I'm explaining it correct:LolLolLolLol:

Picked up some flat blue header paint, well see how it turns out
Yeup that made perfect sense.

Thanks again, I rerouted all of my cables and wires last night and am way more happy about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts