Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone I'm pretty new here but heres whats going on, i picked up a new to me 09 1125R buell a couple weeks ago that i eventually was going to go the street fighter route with, but the bike fell over while i was bringing it home on the trailer and cracked my front fairing and overall made me pretty angry so i decided to just start my project now. heres what i have to work with and what i am thinking for starts as well as some inspiration pictures i have.

1.remove huge front fairing i really like the mask style ones just not sure where to start
2.make new bracket for my current gauge setup until i find one I'm in love with to replace it
3.have a new exhaust on the way that is a double outlet on the bottom that is ceramic coated with polished ends and race ECM to go along with it hopefully waking the bike up a little more and getting it where it should be power wise for now.
4.remove passenger pegs and get rear cowl cover instead of rear seat.
5.i have some bar end mirrors i just put on and am very happy with them so theres one problem solved haha.

now what i would really like to do is make a new radiator setup and remove my giant pods, but that will require a lot of stuff including making a new header pipe setup as well as ECM/electrical relocation from where its under the pods and new radiator and relocating it while having the OEM cooling capabilities that are necessary or better. and eventually its going to get the 1190 big bore kit and add a couple extra ponies

any thoughts tips or leads on where i can get some of these parts or suggestions on what to use i would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yes it was a much better setup than the previous ones
Pssshhh... keep opinions to yourself :D

Good bike... not sure I've seen any with modded radiators... but it's GOT to be possible.
I remember someone trying to do a tail mounted rad, but it was still a work in progress... and fairly doubtful on cooling enough as the air woud've already passed over the motor... pretty warm and disturbed.

·
Feckin Eejit!
6,961 Posts
Pssshhh... keep opinions to yourself :D

Good bike... not sure I've seen any with modded radiators... but it's GOT to be possible.
I remember someone trying to do a tail mounted rad, but it was still a work in progress... and fairly doubtful on cooling enough as the air woud've already passed over the motor... pretty warm and disturbed.
He did keep the opinion to himself... Its his thread :D

Erik did very well building a sport bike around an xl block. I'm still shocked at the weight of xb's knowing the weight of that motor... That being said, rotax builds great motors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He did keep the opinion to himself... Its his thread :D

Erik did very well building a sport bike around an xl block. I'm still shocked at the weight of xb's knowing the weight of that motor... That being said, rotax builds great motors.
He did do a incredible job there is so much engineering in these bikes its incredible, i enjoy the rotax motor more than i did the HD motor that was in the XB's but they did get the job done. the bike is so well balanced i don't think anything needs to change except the body and a single sided swing arm would be incredible.

·
Registered
269 Posts
but the 1125cr is one of the best fairing/headlights I've seen. very head strong.
Especially on an XB, which has no pods ;)
1125cr

Probably <one of> my ideal setups... XB w/ long swingarm and 1125CR headlight.

Ok... i'll leave random pics out of your project thread now. Keep us updated on ideas and progress!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts