Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Fat Man
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***EDIT*** UPDATE ON PAGE 3, POST #25

Well I figured I'd make a thread so I'd have a place to post pictures when/if I add. Well, I will be adding, but most likely extremely slowly.

So here's the '09 Ninja. Started out stock, it's my daily rider and only transportation so I can't really do anything drastic unless I have several days off in a row, plus the budget is meh.

Anyway, started out like this and then progressed to the most recent:

Might order some bar ends soon, and once I get a better job I'll get a welding machine and make some custom stuff. I have lots of ideas, new addiction :rock:

·
Fat Man
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it sucks! I have to work tomorrow, and I realized yesterday that I left my regulator in the fairings. Needless to say my battery is completely flat now, and on top of that I ran all the wires on the outside of the forks without even thinking. So I basically have to redo everything today. I was gonna go get my endorsement and get insurance but that's out the window till next week.

·
Fat Man
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New bar ends! Something small but I think they stand out well. Will get some better daytime pictures tomorrow hopefully, she needs a wash anyway so I'll have an excuse to set it out in the sun without riding.

Next up some shorty levers hopefully! Thinking about going 5 up in the rear too :fu:

·
Fat Man
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.

Better pics of bar ends, and got my exhaust cut down last night. Completely removed all the packing, baffle, etc etc. Just midpipe to cat to hollow can. Sounds bitchin' (to me at least) :D.

Fresh wash, before the exhaust cut:

Closer up of the bar end:

That's a lot cut out!:

How much actually got cut:

The only thing left is the carbon fiber bit:

Couple shots of the exhaust after cut:

Got a new sprocket and chain coming soon, and in a couple weeks when I get paid again I'll be hopefully getting some new levers.

·
Fat Man
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the shit bent back into place as best as possible today. I'll buy a new subframe and everything in a couple months when I have the extra coin, tax refund money maybe? Till then. this is as good as it gets. Almost there, but still not right. Also got the headlight off, got the wires ready for a new one because my new one was supposed to come, but of course it didn't. Changed the oil today though, new filter and added half a quart of Slick 50. Hopefully the light comes tomorrow and the bars come Monday, sucks that they were both meant to be here today and didn't come.

As close as I can get the tail section to normal:

Extending some wires (right turn signal):

Bye bye broken headlight, hello rewiring:

Oil change station!:

New K&N filter:

I think that touch of chrome looks pretty good:

More to come tomorrow hopefully.

·
Fat Man
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Small update. Still have to drill the holes in the triple for the bar clamps, extend the brake line, mount the headlight, and put the new chain on.

New parts!

New sprocket

New bars and grips

New chain

Making brackets, and got some clamps to use to mount my headlights on my forks properly this time, no zip ties!

Had to drill the holes bigger.

Clamps and brackets done for headlight

Bolts were just a bit too long for my taste

DB bar clamps fit test. Thanks Lowes! Wasn't aware the bars didn't come with clamps.

The part of the clip-on that broke off.

Where my clip-on snapped in half.

Comparing the old sprocket to the new one.

Oh no! Something is missing!

Tire off to replace the chain and rear sprocket.

Just a side picture.

Stock rear sprocket, say bye bye!

Hello new sprocket!

Hello, inner-workings.

Front brake lines, gonna get the top one extended 7" tomorrow, hopefully.

Hopefully I'll have everything finished by tomorrow night. Now if only the world ran on hopes and dreams.

·
Fat Man
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Finally got that stupid headlight on. Gotta get a new brake line though cause the fuck that did mine didn't do it right. But everything else is done aside from replacing the bulbs in the eBay light, which I am keeping because I like the way it looks.

Headlight pictures:

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
I'm a little surprised someone else hasn't said anything yet, and this is the first time I've come to your thread, but I wouldn't trust those clamps you're using to hold your bars down to your triple. Get a set of real risers. They're designed to withstand all the forces they'll be subjected to on the bike. It's a matter of safety.

·
Fat Man
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Someone has said something in another thread. I know they aren't really safe, but I can't afford $40-$50 clamps right now, and I'm only riding back and forth to work (MAYBE 3 miles, 4 turns). I'm actually trying to sell the bars and go back to clip ons anyway, but if I can't sell the bars, whenever I get the money I'll get some good clamps.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.