Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's been a few months since I sold my old yzf600 fighter and I have only been poking around the site every once in awhile, but Monday I found a deal that was too good to pass up and it has a tubular frame which I love for a fighter platform. Credit goes to the guy that I bought it from for his work before me and the past three nights I have been up till 3 a.m. cleaning it up, making brackets, and fabricating mounts. It is by no means finished but here is what has been done so far:

2007 Ninja 650r:

2008 636 front end
Jardine GP 1 exhaust
shortened/bobbed subrame
fabricated tailpiece and modified seat
Headlight setup
Miller Coolant Overflow
rear passenger footpeg delete

Future Plans:

Woodcraft rearsets
repair dent in tank and paint. Probably the same silver.
smaller guages, veypor or acewell
maybe new headlight and tail, but I really like the look going now
The perfect coolant overflow bottle when i find it.
And I am still trying to clean up all the wires, so if anyone could give me some advice on the best way to clean them up other than electrical tape that would be cool.

Please give me all your criticisms and advice, any ideas to improve are welcome and wanted.

:knucks:

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
hells yeh....looks like an evil Johnny 5

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
Yea! agree with all of above! Very nice bike and the tube frame does make for nice fighters.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
"Disassemble? NOOOO disassemble!!!" - Johnny 5 reference.

Sweet bike. Love the frame, and I love the stock rear shock placement.

·
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND
6,159 Posts
You ever wonder what it woukld look like without those weird body pieces above your rearsets.. behind the motor? I have a personal hate for those. Good lookin bike nonetheless!

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You ever wonder what it woukld look like without those weird body pieces above your rearsets.. behind the motor? I have a personal hate for those. Good lookin bike nonetheless!
I was up in the air about those pieces, but in the end I decided to keep them. They break up the silver of the frame and engine IMO. Thanks for the comments everyone.

Also, does anyone have any ideas as to how to clean up the wires? Maybe a crazy looking tape or cover? I have been looking, but I haven't really seen anything yet.

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
IMO tail is way to low, upsets the lines of the bike, especially with the giant tank on those things...otherwise, NICE!!!
deleted lol well done

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IMO tail is way to low, upsets the lines of the bike, especially with the giant tank on those things...otherwise, NICE!!!
deleted lol well done

Yea I've thought that too. I have been contemplating a new tail and I think I am going to use a 2008 cbr1000rr tail. I think that tiny tail would look good on this bike. Any thoughts??? Anybody have one for sale?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
I think flints selling a modified 1000rr tail he was using on his buildoff bike.

agreed the tail piece is too low, but i like that its a very small little point piece...possibly you could just raise it up to a higher level than the seat?

wiring....instead of hiding, how about shortening them so they can be hidden properly?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts