Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Kawasaki 650R
I bought the bike new in 09.

Really didn't do much to her. Regular maintenance, added an Arrow exhaust, and rode her like I stole her.

Until one day almost exactly a year ago, I was on my way to work in the morning and the riveted master link on the chain decided to fail. The chain ended up binding between the drive sprocket and the crank cases. Inevitably cracking the upper and lower case. I searched for over a year for a used case set at the right price and never found.

One day a buddy of mine called me and asked if I had fixed my bike yet, I told him I hadn't. He told me I needed to meet him at the house he was working at immediately. So as I walk up to the house he is cleaning the place out for the owner, who's renter skipped town and never paid rent. He told me to take a look in the corner of the garage. Low and behold there sitting in the corner was an 07 compete engine, along with the entire bike completely broken down, minus the frame. I asked the owner how much he wanted for it, he told me just to take it, and get it out of his sight....lol

So the fun began.

I had no idea if it would be compatible, but everything pluged right up and she fired on the first try. I really liked the way this bike looks naked so I decided to keep it that way, and add a few things.

08 Dyna headlamp and front turn signals.
On the wish list. I hope to bob the rear tail, and add a rear fender. Some paint, and then who knows....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts