Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, some of you may remember seeing a post from way back of a knucklehead who thought he was going to put an 04 gsxr 600 motor in a 92 gsxr 600 frame. Yeah, that was me...needless to say, I am going a different way with the project.

I just picked up a beat up 7/11 without a title and I am swapping it over to my titled 92 600 frame. I have attached a few pics of progress below. I do need a couple things if anyone can help out: front wheel, alternator and starter for 1052 motor. Oh yeah, I'm in Egg Harbor City, New Jersey if anyone wants to lend a hand or stop by and check it out.

Here's the new acquisition, all stripped down

Here's the motor, you guys know if the cylinders are stock? I don't know these engines real well, but the bike had a lot of aftermarket parts on it.

Here's the frame and swinger that I will be using, I am not sure if I am going to go all black or half black, half polished.

I have 2 different bent front wheels :( The one that has the concave hats on the brake rotors is off the 92 (I prefer one of these so I can use the speedo drive), anyone know what the other wheel is off of?

Can anyone help me identify the forks that are on the bike? The one leaning up against it is from the 92 gsxr 600

I also have an 04-05 gsxr COMPLETE motor kit available. EVERYTHING you need, fuel pump, wire harness, exhaust, intake, radiator, etc. PM me if interested, will let it go cheap.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Welcome back dude. Looks like you got a pretty complete project there.

To try and help with your questions.

Do the cylinders have any marks or castings on them? Most obvious would be a 1052cc casting if it's stock. Otherwise look for something from Wiseco, APE, Yosh, etc? those 3 companies made big Blocks for those motors for many years. They all have their logo's cast or machined into on end. Could just be a cleaned up stocker though. Possibly, the motor was rebuilt at some point and the block was stripped of the paint for whatever reason.

Forks look like early SRAD in stock 1100 tripples. The Rotors are deffinatly SRAD/TL.

·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I am gonna take a closer look at the motor tonight. Is there a resident 1052 expert? I have read rumors that the starter clutch is unreliable, I have read it is easy to swap to an 1127 clutch and starter, maybe this would be worth doing since I have to get a starter anyways.

Yeah, I am excited, I think I am going to go black on black with a little bit of silver accents. I will be able to get all of the powdercoating done at work, btu the paint will most likely be from a can...for now.

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
nice project, looking good

don't know if it's that easy to change the starter from 1052 to 1127
the 1052 has a 30mm starter hole, the 1127 has a 40mm hole

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Yeah, the 1052 was kind of an odd ball. Starters were different and aren't interchangable with any of the others from what I know. Not sure on the clutch itself. More then likley it's a different tooth count on the gear as well.

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
it looks like, after checking the Suzuki fiches, that the starter gear that connects the starter clutch with the starter motor it self is the same on all models
so you can replace the 1052 starter clutch with the 1127, just keep the 1052 starter motor and you are good

·
407 Posts
tricky build stuffing an air/oil cooled lump into one of the water cooled frames. Should be interesting!

·
theman themyth thelegend
8,497 Posts
hey whats up, u emailed me about the front wheel on craigslist.

im basically parting out an 88 gsxr 750. let me know my frame is polished, has a clean title and that motor will bolt directly in. i also have the wheel if u wanna check it out.

i usually ride out there on my bike alot, how far are u of rt.9?

·
theman themyth thelegend
8,497 Posts
I am in egg harbor city, near route 50. I work at Viking Yachts in New Gretna, that is right ON route 9
yea i know where that is, i was just cruising through there the other day going through bass river.

·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Man, I am chewing my fingernails right now. If I had my frame here, I would be stuffing the motor in it right now...but I left the motor at the machine shop at work. The suspense is going to make for a LONG day in the office tomorrow. They are so close, I really think it will work.

Hooligan, where do you live? There are a couple decent roads through bass river and chatsworth and the like, well, decent roads by NJ standards, that is.

·
theman themyth thelegend
8,497 Posts
im in williamstown right off the black horse pike. yea batso out to chatsworth is some of my usual riding i do. i was just cruisin out there sunday, saw tons of harleys out there at the greenbank.

·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I looked over the cylinders pretty good and there are NO identifying marks on them. Usually there would be a flat spot cast into the fins or something that the name or something would be stamped/cast/machined into. There is nothing though. Oh well, guess it is kind of a non-issue.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts