Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
nice project, looking good

don't know if it's that easy to change the starter from 1052 to 1127
the 1052 has a 30mm starter hole, the 1127 has a 40mm hole

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
it looks like, after checking the Suzuki fiches, that the starter gear that connects the starter clutch with the starter motor it self is the same on all models
so you can replace the 1052 starter clutch with the 1127, just keep the 1052 starter motor and you are good

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
looking good man, you do lot of progress in a short time
the motor clearance looks good to me, the stock motor doesn't have any more space around
how about the sprocket cover, will it clear the frame?

about the head, easiest is to pull the head and check for the valve diameters
you have pictures from the motor intakes/outtakes?
or check for the numbers on the intake bottom side, maybe we find something there that helps to identify the head

keep up the good work :rock:

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
I don't really care right now which head it is, except that I need to get a valve cover gasket. Do you know what the width of each head is? Otherwise, I will just order one of each gasket and return the one that doesn't fit. I really don't want to spend the money on a head gasket right now.
Did you ask for a gasket kit or only the valve cover gasket it self?
You should have a look for a 1100 slingshot gasket, cause you have such a valve cover.

Could you check for the numbers from below the intake boots? such numbers I mean

btw: you intake boots are '91 1100, it is what the 40CO means

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
yea you're right, it is slabside, damn typos, I shouldn't do five things at a time while at work
it is a 1100 cause the slabside 750 had a bold on breather/vent cover too, just like the newer models

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
sweet...so it must be an 1100 head because the 1100 valve cover fits on it...the 75 would be too narrow and the 1100 vc would not fit on it.

I'll take pics of under the intake boots tonight.
the valve covers are interchangeable from 750 and 1100
the gaskets are different as the 750 vent sticks out in riding direction (toward steering stem) and the 1100 shows to the right side

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
from what I know they are only a little different and after they are used one time, they might be out of specs anyways, the headers are interchangeable as well

new gaskets OD/ID/Th
750 41.5 x 33 x 5.3 MM
1100 43.5 x 35 x 5.3 MM

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
yeah, at least 1/4" for aluminum brackets

I had a closer look and think you got a '91-'92 1100 head there, I didn't focused on the camshafts before but don't they say 41C on the right side of the camshaft sprocket ?

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
looking good !!!

question: what rear tire you got there? looks like a Metzeler ME Z series, is it?
if so, is it Z3 or Z1 and where did you get if from?

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
Nice looking bike right there man :rock:

To bad with the alternator. Did you check the internals?
I would guess the carbon brush inside the alternator is worn out, there is a service limit for that. (new for $30 at your local Suzuki dealer)
Or the stator/rotor assembly needs some cleaning with sand paper.
Before you go and buy another alternator I would check on that first.

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
Depending on riding style I get 70-100miles out of a tank (21 litres). But my motor runs a little richer due to cams and ignition advance and I am always afraid to melt a piston and I am a heavy guy (350lbs).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts