Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
201 - 218 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I actually went for the maiden voyage today! The bike is awesome, very loud and very fast. Then it crapped out because the alternator I got off ebay isnt charging. So I am back on the hunt for an alternator.

Man.... I just laid my '90 gsxr 1100 down last night. Not TOO much damage, but I'm deciding if I should repair the damage to the fairings or turn it into a fighter. Where did you get the headlight assy and how much was it? Did you paint your frame/engine covers yourself or have it pc'd? What was it painted with if you did it? The bike looks real nice. Hope you get all the bugs worked out. :thumbsup:

·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
I got a good deal for another alternator and I am all set now. I had 2 dead alternators, both had shot regulators and one of them had bad brushes, but I am all set now.

Yeah, that is my cb-1 I talked to you a little in your thread, I think I may restore the cb-1 this winter, its a great bike, and not nearly as scary as the 7/11 (13 actually)

Koolaid, I saw your thread on gixxers.com. I was fortunate to be able to get the parts powder coated and painted at work, but I think a lot of guys do a real nice job with rattle cans and a lot of prep work. You should call around to powder coaters in your area, I have heard some places are pretty cheap.

gixerman, thanks, I like it a lot, it is scary though, much more than cracking the throttle in 1st and 2nd results in a surprise wheel stand. Which I am not really ready for yet.

·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
While I am here, does anyone have a big bore gsxr with fcr carbs that can tell me what typical fuel consumption is like? I have no reserve on my custom fuel tap and I don't want to run out of gas. My motor is a 1052 with a big bore to 1316 and a set of keihin fcr 41 carbs. I know there are a lot of factors, but a ballpark of miles to the tank (5.5 gallons) would be helpful so I have a starting point and I will work out my actual consumption form there.

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
Depending on riding style I get 70-100miles out of a tank (21 litres). But my motor runs a little richer due to cams and ignition advance and I am always afraid to melt a piston and I am a heavy guy (350lbs).

·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
thanks, sven, I am not a lightweight either (225), and I am tuned a little rich too, but no big cams, and not much advance, I am hoping to see close to 100 per tank, but I guess I will have to fill a little more often to be safe.

BTW, can someone help me ID this rear wheel, I want to buy a smaller sprocket so the front wheel won't come up quite so easy. I had another sprocket, but it didnt fit.

·
Finaly Joined Up!!!
153 Posts
thanks, sven, I am not a lightweight either (225), and I am tuned a little rich too, but no big cams, and not much advance, I am hoping to see close to 100 per tank, but I guess I will have to fill a little more often to be safe.

BTW, can someone help me ID this rear wheel, I want to buy a smaller sprocket so the front wheel won't come up quite so easy. I had another sprocket, but it didnt fit.

Im 99.99999 percent sure those are late model bandit rims u got there brotha

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
This bike has been sitting for years and I think it is time to part with it. I would consider it a project now, the carbs would definitely need to be gone through and some other things I am sure. Any chance someone is interested in it? I am in southern NJ.
how much? put it up in the classifieds section.

201 - 218 of 218 Posts