Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
161 - 180 of 217 Posts

·
some assembly required
121 Posts
quick question about the battery set up. i read the other thread you linked with the dissassembly of the battery pack. Is a load balancer strictly necessary on this kind of set up? other than that im sure ic ould do the rest of the wiring for it. Seems like a great swap, tiny battery.

·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
I am not using a balancer. I read some things and it seems that the RC guys are used to using balancers for Lithium Ion batteries, and just continued the practice. I have read several reports that indicated that just charging the whole pack, the batteries will sort of balance themselves (My charging experiments have shown this to be true. Also, the EXPENSIVE speedcell batteries which you can buy for your bike, and are (I believe) exactly the same as what I have built, do not use balancers.

The LiFe batteries are very stable. This should not be an issue. Good luck. The hardest part is soldering on the aluminum end. I think there is special solder or special rosin that could help. I did ok without it.

·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
I don't have much left to do, but I have been super busy getting my friends boat ready for fishing this season. WE are trying to make our first trip on Sunday, to go shark fishing. It has been a rush, but it seems like it is coming together.

Anyway, My bike parts got repainted and they came out really good this time. I will take them home tonight, throw them on the bike, and post up a pic. It is so close I can taste it.

A couple pics of the boat, because I've got nothing better:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
damn. that kinda makes me wanna go fishing! sharks sound kinda scarrrrry tho :run:

·
VP of Daily Operations
7,472 Posts
dood i wanna go out..... my uncle has a tuna rig i could borrow.... or i could be a gaffer guy

·
VP of Daily Operations
7,472 Posts
i understand i was trying to get out last year on a trip that was like 350 a person.... so its understandable that not anyone can jsut hop on

·
theman themyth thelegend
8,497 Posts
ive never been out further then the bay. all i can think about is jaws eating me if i went out in the ocean, lol.

i stick with lakes and rivers, haha.

·
Flying Squirrel
769 Posts
yeah man, gonna be a verrrrry good lookin' bike!
-KR

·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
Sorry for the HUGE delay in updates. Life has gotten very busy in the last couple weeks. I am trying to finish up the wiring this week, then it is just small details left. Another week or two and I will be riding. However, I will be surprised if I make fighter fest.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
you coming with or without the bike right?

161 - 180 of 217 Posts