Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i picked this 94 750 up pretty cheap.

running driving, in relatively good shape, been laid down on the left and did damage to most of the front and side fairings. frame is highly polished

my plan is a slow build, as i dont have the funds to dump into it all at once.

but so far. chopped 6" out of the beat vance and hines can
flipped the clip ons and put them on top of the triples

made custom aluminum brackets for the reservoirs, custom brackets to mount stock gauges in front of the bars above the tank.

plans are to find a headlight unsure what i wanna do yet. thinking standard round headlight
r6 tail swap if i can ever find a decent one.

repack the v&h can. then repaint the frame and all misc flat black. and plastics tanks, etc are going lime green.

heres some pics, from when i picked it up, till now..
which isnt too much

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i was told

"Flipping the clipons like that means you must have raised the forks 40 or 50mm. That is going to put your head angle so steep its going to be a danger to yourself and others on the road with you."

is that true?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Nice start I've got some random parts laying around from my Yzf 750 build

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heres where im at for now. need a headlight, front turn signals, paint, cut and mold the lower belly pan, and then trim the undertail and build a new piece. and make a plate bracket and then its wait till i can afford the r6/r1 tail

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
damn. thats a pretty big drop. through i did recently ride an f4i that was dropped 52mm in the front and nothing in the rear and it handled surprisingly well. hows it ride like that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
damn. thats a pretty big drop. through i did recently ride an f4i that was dropped 52mm in the front and nothing in the rear and it handled surprisingly well. hows it ride like that?
i havent seemed to notice any issues at all. steering still feels strong, havent had any feel of over steer or anything. ive been riding street and dirt for 15 years. and i can say i feel just as solidly connected as i ever have on anything

on another note.
picked up an old honda headlight from the junkyard for $1 so after building some brackets. gonna redo the housing from the old ass style bulb to a decent bulb.

gonna lower the light a bit more, and just painted it black have an updated pic when its done and working.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I put a r6 tail on mine and thought it looked great what year tail you looking at?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I almost picked up one of those bikes, but I ended up with a liter bike instead. Looking good so far...if you are interested in an '03 R6 I have sub-frame, under tail, brake light (all straight) and a cracked upper (no seats).

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I put a 2000 tail on mine. What's nice about those sub frames is you don't have to chop the whole thing off. You can simply unbolt the back part of it and build a new subframe to match the 00 style tail and bolt it right on. That's the route I went anyway worked out great for me.

As far as parts I know I have a fair amount of stuff it's just buried under boxes and boxes of zx and r1 parts at the moment

1 - 14 of 14 Posts