Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Duc huntin season
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
LOOKING SICK! That's some sick work there man.
thats pretty damned nice looking
I like what I see.
awesome paintjob
Thanks for the comments. Took me two weeks trying to think up something for the paint. Had a hard time finding a painter too - the paint store where I purchased the blue paint didn't know of anyone, so I started googling up airbrush artists - nothing. Finally found a dood who runs the local Six Flags t-shirt airbrush shop...:wtf:
Anyway, gave him a call, says he does some hockey & motorcycle helmets on the side, and has done the occasional Harley tank/fender. He just happened to live 10 minutes from me, gave me a good price and I thought really got my concept.

·
Duc huntin season
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Did a little more work after I got home from the job. Set up the "paint booth" again and sprayed everything in clear. I laid on two coats of an eggshell finish (between flat and semi-gloss) after I buffed with scotch-brite pad. Clear and matte additive - 50/50.
Looks good, I think rust shouldn't be shiny :jpshakehead.sml:

Will post pics when I get things together this weekend.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
pretty good paint work there! nice work.

·
Agent Darkcyde
65 Posts
looks good and a damn good job on the paint...

·
Agent Darkcyde
65 Posts
just saw the pics after airbrushed skins...very nice...cool ass scheme...

·
Duc huntin season
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Project "TOXIC" is running again - I layed on two coats of flat clear Saturday. I think it really gives the paint scheme a better look.

Just one piece left to do, which is fab the license bracket - (going on the swingarm). I put some gas in it and fired it up tonight - Took a few minutes of cranking (I took the liberty of thoroughly cleaning the carbs when I had everything in pieces) The exhaust sounds great!

Got the brake light all situated, LED signals on and cleaned up the rear with a piece of aluminum. I might paint that flat black, pastel blue w/flat clear or just leave it...not sure yet.

This Winter new headlight/gauge set up is planned - I'm thinking a gas mask might be appropriate.

·
Duc huntin season
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
great job on the paint work!!!! its excellent. Im not much for "themes" but thats pretty cool. two things i dont like about the bike are the rear signals like that and the flat undertail.
Thanks Shift, appreciate the comments. On the signals - I didn't want anything sticking out on the sides, nor a bulky bracket hanging out the rear either..any suggestions??
Also what do you mean by a flat undertail? The aluminium is fastened against the underside of the tail, which is angled upward like the sub-frame. What did you have in mind? It's a solo race tail so it was completly open underneath - not much I could do I think, (skill-wise) unless I removed the sub-frame - then I loose bracketry for my brakelight.

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
its a tough call on the signals. If you have to have them maybe sticking some ones next to the tail light in the tail. a semi flush mount setup. or using one of those integrated setups even though they arent legal.

for the undertail i just meant that it was a flat piece with no shape to it. If you look at race anti-draft undertails they have some shape to them. Im not sure on this but id guess if you hit full compression on the rear you would probably contact that plate. Personally I hate seeing flat plates as undertails.

thats the airtech under for your race tail. not worth the money but thats what i mean about shape. Awhile back i did a how to on making a fiberglass undertail using some simple hand tools and lots of body filler:)

here are some pics from that. This was the sheet metal that i beat into shape(notice the dimples)

here it was after some body filler and sanding.

and this was the fiberglass version after making a mold of the sheet metal one then making my part.

You dont have to start out with metal like I did on that one. You can use foam or whatever. It does take some time and i rushed through that one to make a writeup. I think start to finish was all done in a weekend including paint.

·
Duc huntin season
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
OH, I get you...yea, agree that would look better. There should be room for that. Would be a good Winter project :)
Tag is going on the swingarm - left side
I'll see what kind of other feedback I get on the signals - if everybody says they suck, I'll do something else! I'm not married to em. Thanks.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts