Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

901 - 920 of 947 Posts

·
10,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #902 ·
pressure test today, started with air and a big bucket, welded the bubbles, then air and soapy water ...no bubbles, then water under pressure, forced a couple of leaks , welded them up too

now i can start to fit filler

won,t hold pressure now

filler neck needs machined to suit cap, and a breather fitted

·
10,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #903 ·
re-shaping seat foam, turns out i didn,t need to slot the tank , would have been better just modding the seat

cover isn't properly on yet, just sat in place

came up with half a plan for the front tank mount while driving home

·
Registered
139 Posts
re-shaping seat foam, turns out i didn,t need to slot the tank , would have been better just modding the seat

cover isn't properly on yet, just sat in place

came up with half a plan for the front tank mount while driving home
Chap, This is an epic piece of rolling art! Congratulation stations! I've owned a couple of K5's and a K4, you must be loving the motor - beautiful beastie with plenty pop everywhere!

·
10,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #906 ·
seat is in the upholsterers, he say easier to fit new cover than existing

tank finished welding,time to bodywork it

·
10,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #911 ·
bike dragged out and wheels removed ready for paint

seat still not back from upholsterer , but still taking bodywork to Deeks next Sat

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,621 Posts
So glad to see she'll be restored to GLORY!!!

Reactions: yantosh

·
Registered
139 Posts
never understood that, bikers wearing urban camo, then complaining when cars don,t see them ....
Uh huh 100% - I don't go in for all of that plastic mercenary clobber..or the classic orthopaedic-style safety wear. It all digs into my tit..quite frankly! I'm liking a lot of the bike/street attire that's currently available in Japan - un my book if you can hop off yer bike and wander into a high street outlet without looking too much like a fud, then you're doing alright :)

·
10,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #916 ·
oh i,ll still look like a fud... if i,m out for a jolly i be clad in leather and chunky boots , day to day , steelies and kevlar lined troosers

901 - 920 of 947 Posts