Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
941 - 960 of 984 Posts

·
11,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #943 ·
re-shaping seat foam, turns out i didn,t need to slot the tank , would have been better just modding the seat

cover isn't properly on yet, just sat in place

came up with half a plan for the front tank mount while driving home
forgot what the plan was, will need to re-visit this

·
11,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #946 ·
stupid bank holiday this weekend, so bike shop is shut on Sat, but as luck would have it, i'm off work Tuesday , so lets hope it's dry enough to drag it out for a look

stripes to be added , fuel pump and filler cap on, the front mounts need a looking at

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Tire

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,787 Posts
Lol. I have a scratch in the same spot on my vstroms carbon tail. fuckin lazy leg lift going over.... only did it once but perhaps that vinyl solution is one for me too! I kinda like that on there. Black and Blue.

·
11,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #953 ·
took myself for a little ride this morning, properly inflating the front tyre has made a world of diff.... funny that

Nitron is back in the bike, new headlight bulb, chain lubed, proper spacer under the rear spindle nut (as opposed to a steering stem nut) split pin back in the spindle and ride it home in the rain

Product Green Automotive tire Coil Coil spring
Wheel Tire Bicycle frame Crankset Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

·
11,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #954 ·
problem had to be deeper than a front tyre poorly inflated, bike had starter steering like a plank through water, there was no bearing noise at all, but I had my boy hold the forks on full lock, and what do you know, the front wheel waggles....

think the strange disc / bearing / sleeve set up exasperates the issues, the reducing sleeves from bearing to spindle appear to have worn too, so time to sort it all out

(apologies for lack of bike updates, summer jobs to do round the house, pics of that soon )

·
11,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #955 ·
leaving the bike to sit in a bike shop, by the door for over a year , would appear to have done the head bearings no favours, so cover it in a 40yr old sleeping bag and hang it up , new bearings please

will go for a wee jaunt tomorrow evening to see if its better

Automotive tire Tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Wheel
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Vehicle

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,787 Posts
Can't wait to see them! Cmon @MDM give us a preeeeview??

So how's it feel to ride it again Yan?! Looks fuckin stellar

941 - 960 of 984 Posts