Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

My Big Build

161K views 992 replies 71 participants last post by  CK 187 
#1 ·
Decided 30 years ago I was going to build my own frame.... unless immortality kicks in soon I better get my finger out

A friend was selling this for a good price

so after a long day of driving

So now that the Bandikat is put to bed I reckon the time is now

this will be a long term thang, to be honest the full frame thing is a little daunting,

in for a penny tho

See less See more
#7 ·
the CB13 frame is sitting in the shed waiting for Nov 1st, game plan is to get rid of everyone else's jobs by then, tear into the fab of the 13, then as soon as it's out the door get the 1000 frame in the jig

#9 ·
Yup. Im in. Subbed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20 ·
I dug through the box of things that might come in useful today, found a thing to help make an adjustable support, just needed to turn an insert for it. Figured it better than a block of wood

unfortunately, even after chopping it down I couldn't get the frame at 23.5', the sump plug ended up touching

so I dismantled the swingarm jig and managed to get the spindle through the frame

the adjustable support can hold it while i make inserts to reduce the frame down to 20mm, centering the spindle properly

once that's done the front can be raised to the proper angle , something to pivot on

#21 ·
not much done on this today, but I was quite pleased when packing all the stuff I removed from the engine / frame , to see how little by way of electrical gubbins there is , should be easy enough to hide away . I'll need a power commander, second hand ones for K4 1000's seem a little thin on the ground , K4 750's on the other hand are plentiful, so we're going to call dynojet and see if they are compatible

I did remove the butterfly from inside the link pipe, doing away with a bundle wires, two control cables and black box

#35 ·
That's were i go wrong ,all I use is wood fer this stuff
I've used wood jigs for all my stuff too. It can be fine in terms of accuracy, but it's only really suited for single use jigs where you don't need access to all sides of a joint. Would get knocked around to much in the process of building a whole frame, and get in the way of welding. And that's ignoring the damage it would take from fire....

#26 ·
Dynojet will likely tell you no, but if you get a spare harness to cut ECU connectors off, then repin the PC and load a 1K map you should be gtg, call DJ back and tell em :smiliebiker:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.