Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Stupid question.....maybe...can I just put street tires on my KDX and go at it??

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
If you mean to go racing, some tracks you don't even have to change tires. They have a novice class that will fit you in. I've seen guys out there on 86 CR250 with nobbies. They did better in the dirt section then others, LOL!
Yeah you can run stock dirtbikes in some places/classes

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
thats def. one of the nicer TTR's i've ever seen.

bet thats fun to fuck around with!

:catman: - gettin any ideas ? ?

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
I think they have a SM track at Englishtwon NJ.......in my state....I may have to check that out next year.

EDIT: Oohhh....DZC idea......fightered SM KDX.....now if I could only get it street legal.

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
Stupid question.....maybe...can I just put street tires on my KDX and go at it??
There's difference between stock wheels running some street tire and a moto wheel running a super moto tire. For stunting and messing around a street tire mounted on your stockies will work fine.

For racing, you're going to want a super moto set up, which is usually improved brakes and wheels with racing tires.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I got the same ttr 125. Did He use the tripples from the yz also ?? ??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sweet! You guys in the North East are lucky! OVRP just out side NY City, English town NJ and Beave Run near Pittsburgh have races and ride days. http://www.esmra.com is the NE race promoter.

FYI !!!! There is a Supermoto school this Sunday at Maryland International Raceway near Washington DC. It is being held in conjunction with the motorcycle drag race. I think there is 1 or 2 spots left. Even if you are not taking the school come on out and check it out as spectators are welcomed. MIR is being added to next years race schedule!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts