Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok for once my bike is running fine, but it is my buddies with a problem.
Bike idles a little rough but it idles. It dies if you try to ride or bring the RPM's up. If you give it a lot of throttle it will do ok but it will bike fire alot, (It is a kawi so thats part of it). It started leaking fuel from the carb to the head.
It is no longer leaking.
Is this a clogged jet?

·
Registered
371 Posts
i suggest you get what ever manual is associated with the bike and put the carbs back to oem specs (float height, a/f ratio screws etc) clean and sync them. from there adjust the a/f ratio screw to the point where the bike will not lag at the highest possible idle rpm (do not touch the idle screw during this procedure).

·
Registered
740 Posts
Probably a plugged pilot jet in one or more of the carbs.

Pull and clean, or if you're feeling lazy you can try dumping a can of seafoam in the tank, that sometimes works well for relatively minor carb issues, rough idle, popping, ect.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright I think he figured it out. He did find a jet with a little bit of gunk in it but not sure if that was enough to do anything. He also found that the choke on the carb had unscrewed. Once he put that back in it ran great. :) THanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts