Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 765 Posts

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm new here, but not new to bikes. Someone on Facebook suggested I post pics of my 2002 Buell Blast streetfighter (name: Honeybee) on here, so here it is. I did all the work myself. Yeah, the Blast is sort of an odd bird to make into a streetfighter...Please keep in mind this is not meant to be a show bike. Just a purposeful streetfighter. Anyway:

There's still a couple things I need to do to it. Those mirrors are going and being replaced with CF ovals, and I need to finish polishing the tank cover so I can put Buell decals back on it. It's also rather dirty right now, so it's not very sparkly.

List of mods:

Headlight
Headlight brackets
Front directionals
Grips
Handlebars
Bar ends & bar snake
Custom Intake
Rejetted Carb
Aftermarket Exhaust with fiberglass wrap
Rearset controls
Custom steel dash that I fabricated, with aftermarket tachometer and custom gauge cups
Faux carbon fiber striping and accents
Blackout LED taillight with built-in auxiliary directionals
Second LED taillight so assholes don't rear end me (hopefully)
Stainless brake line for the rear (front will be switched once I have a fork brace)
Mods to the tank cover and seat for clearance around the big air filter

Future mods:
Reupholstered seat
Fork brace
Stainless brake line in the front
Custom passenger pegs
Custom front pegs because I don't like the ones that came on the rearsets
Sandblast and paint the front drive pulley
Relocate the rear brake reservoir
Fabricate a sturdy carburetor brace
Suzuki Hayabusa steering damper
Maybe chop the tail

I dunno, that's all I can think of. I'm just happy to be riding it right now, and it definitely sounds the business and turns heads because people don't know what the hell it is =)

<3 Phoebe

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
welcome, and holy fuck that belt guard/ hugger is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge
I know, it's ridonkulous. It looks kinda cool removed, but I don't think my passenger would appreciate that very much (once I have back pegs on it again)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Even if the passenger is a really cute girl? ;)
Very nice platform Phoebe,

+1 for having a plan on what you want and need...

Thats key.... ;)

And yeah that hugger is function to the point of overkill...

Iffin yeah NEED a hugger get one that flows wid the bike...

I'm looking foward to seeing you fighter your honey bee...

As for your female passenger....

Tell her ta get her OWN bike! :LolLolLolLol:

Oh yeah, BTW.....

Welcome to :skully:.com, and give Madmadame a holla, you and her are one of the few females on this board....

I welcome some extra ovaries on the forum! :LolLolLolLol:

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oooh, now we need pics of that as well!

Welcome aboard
Well, you know...I kinda need back pegs again first. *Then* I will post pics, I promise.

I actually have a spare seat subframe that I bought cheaply because I was considering putting a dirttrack-style seat on it, but then I changed my mind. I'm probably just going to fab up a pair of peg brackets and weld them to that, then swap out the subframe. That way I don't have to stop riding to do the mod =)

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice platform Phoebe,

+1 for having a plan on what you want and need...

Thats key.... ;)

And yeah that hugger is function to the point of overkill...

Iffin yeah NEED a hugger get one that flows wid the bike...
The problem is there's *no* aftermarket parts for the Blast, and so if I want a different hugger, I have to make one myself or mod that one. I can do it, for sure, I'm just not sure if I really want to put the effort into it just for something that looks pretty. I'm more about function. Having a belt drive presents its own issues. It's maintenance-free, but you also have to worry about pebbles and gravel getting in there. Those break belts, so keeping the belt covered around the rear pulley is kinda key. Aside from the whole not-shredding-my-adorable-passenger's-right-leg issue ;-)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The problem is there's *no* aftermarket parts for the Blast, and so if I want a different hugger, I have to make one myself or mod that one. I can do it, for sure, I'm just not sure if I really want to put the effort into it just for something that looks pretty. I'm more about function. Having a belt drive presents its own issues. It's maintenance-free, but you also have to worry about pebbles and gravel getting in there. Those break belts, so keeping the belt covered around the rear pulley is kinda key. Aside from the whole not-shredding-my-adorable-passenger's-right-leg issue ;-)
In the end it's all about how how YOU want your bike.

Opinions are like @ssh*les, so don't mind me....:LolLolLolLol:

But it would be cool to see you mod up your own hugger...

Hell, you have enuff material on that big honker to do sum'thin [email protected]

I'm sure iffin' you took the time you would surprise ur'self...

Anywayz, welcome again and like our moderator/co owner 929 adam of the forum likes to remind us.....

DO WORK! :shocker:

·
Underachiever
989 Posts
Without the airbox, the engine almost looks transparent...or anorexic....or something. Looks good though, just needs a little black paint here or there......;)

·
Konichiwa Bitches
17,772 Posts
Welcome to the site! Nice to have another chick around here. Stick around, these guys aren't all that bad. Bike looks good so far! :up:

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Without the airbox, the engine almost looks transparent...or anorexic....or something. Looks good though, just needs a little black paint here or there......;)
That's what the carbon fiber vinyl is for ;-)

I agree that it is a bit odd with all that air space behind the cylinder, but meh...not much I can do about that. Like I said earlier, I may make/adapt a toolkit to stick there to fill up some of the space. Might be cool. Also, I still need to make a carb brace for it, so that will also visually fill up some of the gap.

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome to the site! Nice to have another chick around here. Stick around, these guys aren't all that bad. Bike looks good so far! :up:
Thanks! I'm always a little nervous posting to mostly-male forums, having had bad experiences with them in the past. But, so far, people have really made me feel welcome =)

1 - 20 of 765 Posts