Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a local buddy of mine is getting ready to move and didnt have time to finish this bike so I bought it from him for dirt cheap. Here is his old build thread on it
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54195
Pictures of how the bike looks currently

List of things I need to do:
Install intake cam and time the engine and break it in
Redo the tail and buy a seat

Increase rear spring rate
Buy/build new rear sets with shift and brake linkage
New tank mounts
Headlight/ taillight/ turn signals edit: found my taillight and rear turn signal setup, now I just need to find a fitting headligh
Get a battery (realy want an 8 cell antigravity but I'm not sure if I can bring myself to spend that much)
Cut up the headers and build an exhaust that does not suck
Its a soild start to making a cool bike from something that was not awesome but it has a ways to go before being rideable. Hoping to have it on the road in the next month so I have most of the summer to ride

·
Registered
388 Posts
Congrats on the vip membership!

Let me know if you want measurements on those forks.

Also looking forward to someone else dissing the hawk so we can flip them off.

Jon

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found a bunch of the parts that I want/need to buy, now I just need some cash to splash

Reactions: MikeGyver

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Tell me this thing doesn't look a NightHawk and a sportster had a drunken night of horrible decisions...
THIS is a Nighthawk. You posted a Rebel wearing Nighthawk decals lol

And I'm just bustin your balls, but seriously, I still think you're smoking something :D

Back on track.....sub'd :rock:

·
str8 stoopid
914 Posts
THIS is a Nighthawk. You posted a Rebel wearing Nighthawk decals lol

And I'm just bustin your balls, but seriously, I still think you're smoking something :D

Back on track.....sub'd :rock:
To be fair...I never said I wasn't...Besides, I need people to bust my balls. I prefer it that way. Also, I was thinking of the 500 variant of both bikes. The larger bore nighthawks did look completely different.

Hitman, what size is this little demon?

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its a 650. I need to go get some steel to remake the rear tank mount, and once my seat comes in I am going to be building a completely new subframe. The plan is to bring the back of the tank up about an inch and a half along with moving the seat mount up to match and making it just big enough to fit the seat. I doubt the welds will be real pretty due to only having access to a flux core mig machine but thats why grinders exist.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now that sounds interesting, I will check that out for sure

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hrdy came through with a killer photoshop job of what the bike will look like all done, please go rep him

You will have to excuse the foward controls, I assure you I will be running rear sets

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No argument here, he did a badass job in a hurr

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My seat got here todsy so I can start cutting up the subframe and making that fit. Pretty damn happy with how the seat fits around the back of the tank, should make for a nice smooth transition

·
Registered
323 Posts
Mmmm does it have forawrd controls on it now like the photoshop pic? Got a cb900 been thinkin about puttin some on.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It has no controls at the monet but it will have rear sets here soon

·
Registered
323 Posts
It has no controls at the monet but it will have rear sets here soon
Should have worded that differently. Did it have forward controls on it? If yes do you still have them? Been looking for a set. Maybe we could work out a trade? Or you want to sell them? End of questions lol

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No, the foward controls are just something from the photoshop

1 - 20 of 22 Posts