Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 886 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
my name is davey I live in wiltshire near Swindon and I am building a 92 cbr 6 fighter

So the story starts with me owning a 600 hornet did a full rebuild on it a few winters ago polished all the ally samco hoses Armstrong wavy discs home made jack up kit twin lights could go on but boring my self so once it was back on the road some very kind person decided to turn it in to a bonfire out side my house and left it melted to the pavement needless to say I was guted so insurance copany paid out a fraction of what it was realy worth and that's when the cbr came along.
Think I might have paid over the odds for it at £1250 But it did sport a jmc under braced swinger koso clocks custom sub fram fiber glass seat unit braded lines rear sets a full stainless scorpion and so on but the paint work was horrendous but I brought it never the less.

The plan
so the plan is to strip all the paint and start again with a few mod along the way witch include hornet front wheel but the discs taper out so need to widen the forks to to make it fit I plan to use hornet yokes witch will allso give me built in riser same thing at the back want the hornet wheel cos it's 180 compaird to cbr at 160 but it's a tight fit in the jmc might be a bit of work needed.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Where I'm at
so far I have striped all the paint and given the frame a light coat of primer to stop it rusting then I will do a dry buld and work out brackatry and stoof weld shit on n that

also I have had a go at geting the rear wheel in I attacked it with my grinder got it in but it ain't pretty Precision enginering at it's best lol
got my carbs put through an ultrasonic cleaner so they look good as new and went and blaged my self some 5mm 3mm 1.5mm and 1.2mm scrap for brackets and such from a local enginering company all free I might add.
And that's it for now will get pics up as soon as my laptop returns.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I love the swinger but having problems geting the wheel to fit had to make the whole lot thiner so I cut the lip of the hub carrier and cut the legs that sit in the Cush drive down so the carrier sits inside the wheel had to cut down the Walls in the wheel where the Cush drive rubbers sit and cut down the rubbers but did all this with a grinder so not the best job also ther is barely any clerance between the tier and swinger so think I might have to seek proper enginering skills for that one

And the seat unit had to be striped of about 20 layers of paint and now needs some filler to repair the chunks I took out with the scraper lol will eventualy be geting a proper ducati one with the rear seat as this one is fiber glass and very heavy plus I want the square lights this one is round and fugly but will have to make do with this one for now as I is skint.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If could get me a custom 600 hornet swinger would gladly do a swap

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks buddy
saved me a few hours trying to get them on hear now u all can see what I'm talking about allways make it easier to explain if u can see too.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry there is not much going on but I just can't get to the garage should be wesnday I hope

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
finally got some time in the garage was starting to get withdrawal symptoms any way got the paint of my frame at long last and got a thin coat of primer on then the engine went in then up on to its wheels put the tank and seat unit on just for pics looks awsome so now the mock up can start weld on bracets and such one thing i am having problems with is where the fuck do i put my battery it was up under the seat unit before there was a box welded right at the back of the sub frame dut i dident like the idea of all that weight at the arse end so i cut it of but its looking like its the only place it can go im shure this is a problem had by many so any advice would help greatly..

got some pics but the battery on my cam went flat so will get more tomoro

ENJOY

Attachments

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hope they are not thumb nails

Attachments

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks
I think ive got the arse end up to high was on tip toes when i sat on it so i droped it one hole on the jack up plate so its not as high now but still looks cool

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I agree but I don't have the funds cos I would want a custom yoke and blade forks to keep to the Honda theam.
The swinger is being a pain trying to fit the 180 but I will persiver with it cos it look soooo good but I do have a plan b in the form of a hornet swinger but will be last resort lol

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
as promised more picys

so more progres fitted my carbs and air box so i could check for clerance

Attachments

1 - 20 of 886 Posts