Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can hear a distinct second sound other than my normal engine noise that i can only describe as rattley or metallic. My stepdad who is a pretty seasoned mechannic says it sounds fine but i think his hearing is just not as good as mine. It goes away once its warmed up and somtimes it dosent happen at all.

Am i crazy or do you guys hear it also, it runs fine but im just nervous a pistons gonna blow out of the top while im riding somday if i dont address this sound

http://youtu.be/cspC_Qw71go

edit: how the hell do i embed a video

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
real hard too hear any issues ona yutube vid .

·
OLD GUY's RULE
4,642 Posts
Valves, Cam Chain to name two things.
And I didn't listen to what ever it was U put up.
Just naming a couple things that can bite U in the ass.

·
UnicycleMode
7,580 Posts
I can hear a distinct second sound other than my normal engine noise that i can only describe as rattley or metallic. My stepdad who is a pretty seasoned mechannic says it sounds fine but i think his hearing is just not as good as mine. It goes away once its warmed up and somtimes it dosent happen at all.

Am i crazy or do you guys hear it also, it runs fine but im just nervous a pistons gonna blow out of the top while im riding somday if i dont address this sound

edit: how the hell do i embed a video

To me it sounds like its running great, but, if you really are worried you can go with a new cam chain tensioner, manual ones are easy to install and adjust. If the sound persists after a tensioner replacement, check the valve lash as per the service manual specs.

As Katana John said, cam chain tensioners and valves make a huge difference on the CBR's.

As for embedding a video, copy and paste the youtube URL, the https://youtube.com/yourvideoaddress, and remove the S after http. That's all it takes and it automatically embeds.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its very different when its cold compared to when its warmed up, now ive had 5 people tell me it sounds allright so im just gonna ignore it i guess

hopefully whoever comes to check it out when i sell it is as deaf as y'all are:D

thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
10 Posts
i hear that too, it was the clutch basket on mine. the noise came to excessive vibrating at higher rev
but you should ingore that im no mechanic...

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
Sounds ok. Cam tentioners in most Hondas are a piece of shit, from my experience they make a rattle noise (or rather the chain does) when you rev it up and snap the throttle closed, causing slack in the chain. If you have that going on then maybe look at that.

Other than that i could just hear fairly normal valve noise.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sounds almost like my f2. As stated above if ya don't have a manual tensioner I'd look into one. That'll fix a rattle on that side the Hondas are known for

1 - 10 of 10 Posts