·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hahahaha
Okay
hahahaha

Okay. These baffles are out of Scorpion slip-ons for gixxers that no one wants. They're glued in with this clear silicone shit - that won't come off unless I bake it a bit, so there's some still on in the pics, adding to the fun. So they got yanked out, and I got them for free.

I welded them into the end of my resonators and called it a day.

I'm either going to saw the flanges off (should take 2 hours or so) or have tips made that will bolt to the flanges and cover the baffles. I sorty like the exposed look, though.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
It looks good ! even better when your finished i'm sure.

I would have thought it would be loud ??

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the chrome pipes that the baffles are welded to are resonators so they kill a lot of the sound.

·
407 Posts
i'm going to give you some honest feedback here, that looks terrible. you get points for thinking outside the box though.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your constructive criticism.
Wait. No, wait. Nevermind that.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
I'd like to see what those baffles look like before you installed them. They didn't effect performance I assume?

Some kinda tip would finish it off nice, cutting the flanges off would kinda make it look rough. I'd see what kinda tips you can get from autozone, they might have something you could modify easy. Cutting another flange to match what you have would be easy, then just tack weld a tip to it would be a sinch.

Great work man!

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's basically what they look like. Inside the pipe, hidden from view, is just a gun-barrel style baffle.

Yeah, making a tip will be pretty easy. That's for the future though.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
Vcook said:
i'm going to give you some honest feedback here, that looks terrible. you get points for thinking outside the box though.

:LolLolLolLol:

i like the idea...but unless you went all out with it, it wont look as it should.

if the tip was flush with the rest of the pipe it would look great...but youd have to cut that 'ring' with the 3 bolt holes off. rendering your pipes useless for anything factory or aftermarket.

i think its a good start! :rock:

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 'ring with 3 bolt holes' is what those of us in the industry call a flange. The tip would bolt to the flange, rendering the flange useful.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
but the flange sticks out wider than everything else so it looks kinda goofy imo.

dont make fun of me 'industry insider' i just woke up. actually caught up on some sleep after my recent being awake binge!

:D

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
hahha. haelos just trying to get UBER originality points in his build!

thats the attitude! :D

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for restating what I already said I was gonna do Sevulturus :p

Adam, I ain't got anything else going for me at this point. Even though I've spent like $1000 total on this bike it's worth a lot more.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
you got fabbin skillz. i know you can make that thing ghetto built fabulous!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
yes dood! evil robot motorcycle! i like the sound of that!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.