Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"Detonation"
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a F3 i planed to streetfighter starting in May 2010 which is just after i plan to finish the F4 dragbike project as theres a small local show in April.

But that plans kinda changed lastnight after i started to mount the cbr 600 f4 tail on the cbr f3 just to see what it looks like and i've dessided to keep it on there lol its being a bit of a pain at the moment but i rekon it should be on by tommorow evening just need to make some brackets up as the point were the back of the fairing mounts to the frame is about 2 inches back and above were the f3 fairings mount.

Anyway this is what it looked like before i started mounting the new tail:

Pics of the tail tommorow and should get a temporary moto-x headlight unit on tommorow.

O and the tail is the one i made for my dragbike project that i have mounted on the f3 the tail from this pic

but im not going to use the exhaust i've got in this pic im gunna try and drill a much bigger hole were the current one is and mount 2 stumpys side by side half way in the tail and half way out wich should come out as far as just under the tail light, will then have to mount a bracket to hold the plate under the exhausts, if anyone can actually picture what i have just explained lol :rock:

The Previous Project, ZX600E7

·
Dr. Evil
369 Posts
I have to be honest. I don't like the tail. I have and f4 and that was the one thing I hated about that bike. Also, do yourself a favor and take the plastics off your bike. It takes like 5 min. and does wonders of good. Even if you don't have much time, it doesn't take much to get it started. But I like what you are starting with.
What if you did a bobber? could be very cool.

·
"Detonation"
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to be honest. I don't like the tail. I have and f4 and that was the one thing I hated about that bike. Also, do yourself a favor and take the plastics off your bike. It takes like 5 min. and does wonders of good. Even if you don't have much time, it doesn't take much to get it started. But I like what you are starting with.
What if you did a bobber? could be very cool.

Haha i know the fairings only take 5 mins to remove mate its not my first build, but i was waiting untill i got the temporary headlight unit today, dont worry they came off today.
Na i like the look of the f4 tails when they've got a Targa solo seat cowl on them and there is no way im chopping it up into a bobber, i personaly hate them as much as you hate the f4 tails lol and i take pillions all the time ... ones with sharp nails and anger issues i would be massacred by them if i couldnt take pillions anymore lol :ninja:

Unfortunatly i dont have much money left this month to make a massive start on the bike as i've just payed £165 for a brand new F4I front fairing for my F4 dragbike project £50 for wire wool, Autosol, A bufferball and mounting plate, primer, laquer and black and red paint for pollishing my rims and spraying the hubs and spokes on my F4 but shall be doing the F3 wheels as well when im finished.

Today i got the tail light and headlight unit but will have to wait till next month for the rissers, bars, brace, grips, Bigger Rear Sprocket (as if i really need to lol as i have allready gone down 2 teeth on the front and keep putting it on the back wheel by accident in the most inapropirate places lol)

Im not totally sure what im gunna do for a finished headlight unit, i like what i've seen on the zx6e site were someones made it look like a helmet cut in half but obviously thats been done a few times before, i would like to do something in the same theory (Shaped like something) but i dont know what, i was thinking of maybe something like a halloween mask and then use that as a mold to fibre glass something up but i've got chance creating anything like the stuff some members have on here, i saw the headlight unit from the charity bike last night and that thing is sick but well beyond my caperbilitys lol

Any way heres how she stould just before sundown, i did remove the fairings after this photo was taken but it ended up getting to dark to take another photo.

Tommorow i Shall:

Polish the rear Pegs
Cut the undertray so i can fit the rear pegs
Cut a wheel arch in undertray as wheel is just brushing it
Cut a hole in the undertray 7 inches by 4 inches ROUGHLY and fit the perspex (The undertray is gunna be coverd with black vinyl and were the perspex is it will have STR33TFIGHTER cut out of the vinyl and led's mounted behind it so it shines threw the lettering.)
Cut the rear hugger into the shape i want it.
Fit the radiator overflow bottle.
Remove camera mount

·
"Detonation"
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dessided in the end to go for a totally different tail and i might as well single seater it as i've got another bike i can take passengers on anyway.

Ok so i found a old grabrail off a Piagio Zip 50 moped in my shed wich has a pretty kool shape to it so dessided to do something with it.

It's only just the ruff base being made at the moment so yer it looks a right mess but you should be able to see roughly what im going for.

The green scrible is just pen so i know were it needs cutting next to roughly match up with the front sections of the tail so i can fibre glass them together :D

Attachments

·
"Detonation"
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Renthals and Rissers are in the post and should be here in 3 days time (Tuesday)

But until then made a start on the front bodywork but its a long way from looking good yet lol

Obviously the licence plate bracket needs chopping off once i have got a undertray sorted to bolt the plate onto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts