Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys i´m going to start a build thread but you guys have to be patience:) when i first started coolecting parts for my bike, my vision was not to expensive but still i want it to look like a "factory build bike" well it shouldn´t be to easy to see that i built it of my own anyway.
Off course for somebody that knows bikes the person gone see that it is a Fighter build.
After i spent my time on internet and here at custom fighters i realised its gonna be expensive :)
So it´s gonna take long time to build it as i dont have all the parts yet and ivé also got a house and a family to take care of so i dont got all the time i would like to have :(

Parts that i already got.
Subframe and plastic from a Cbr 1000 rr -06
Brakes from the same bike
Mt03 headlight, i know it is to common but i got it for only 40 USD and i think its the best looking headlight for a fighter. (dont like the ailen lights)

Parts that i´m going to buy:

Front forks and wheel from a cbr 1000 RR
And a lot of other things like engine bolts nice fot pegs (race) etc..
I will update as we goes along.

Other plans:

Paint the engine black
powder coat the frame and subframe and other parts.
Maybe red anodise the front forks.

rebuild the clutch to a hydralic clutch
change main jets in the carbs and do some mods on the airbox to incrase some more power.

And much more as we go along.
But like i said it gonna take looong time :/

And guys have patience with my english to ;)

Here is a first picture of my garage. the first bike is the one im gonna rebuild its a cbr 900 rr -97 with only 750miles on :) the other one is my -95 blade and the two others is my friends bikes.

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm like many Guys here just watching members project dreaming of being Able to do many of The mods on my bike.. But now i decided fuck That i dont have de knowledge but i'm gonna do it anyway:) The thing is you just have to be much more "awake" so to speak, take a LOT of pictures mark things upp and write down so you Can se how it was from the beggining.

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok some Boring stuff first! Tomorrow hopefully i can start organize the garage à bit so i can move som of the bikes so i get plenty off room when im starting to strip down the bike. I'm also going to à hard store and buy som boxes or something so i can organize everything (bolts and shit so i'm gonna be able to re-asamble the bike again:) and som masking tape so i can mark all electricity on the Nike so i know where it Should be. Like i said i never done à job as big as tis before so i gonna be very careful with everything so i manage to put the bike togheter again.

Bought some alloy cleaner today that i think can be good cleaning up the engine before painting. Lets see if it's any good doh.
Here's some pictures of the work shop

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the shitty photos doh! Might not be that intressting ether but it's à start of my build :)

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Put all bolts in Plastic sand which baggies and label them and painters tape so you can label every connector where it goes. When I did my first I didn't know what everything did so I labeled them with numbers each plug had a number and the plug it went to had the same number. Also take pictures of EVERYTHING!!!! You may think you'll remember it later but it might take longer than expected and all those memories might be history. Good luck

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tip it was something like that i had in mind:) gona start the day with a wardrobe rebuild to make the "goverment" happy so i can get My workshop time when shes back from work today. :shocker:

Put all bolts in Plastic sand which baggies and label them and painters tape so you can label every connector where it goes. When I did my first I didn't know what everything did so I labeled them with numbers each plug had a number and the plug it went to had the same number. Also take pictures of EVERYTHING!!!! You may think you'll remember it later but it might take longer than expected and all those memories might be history. Good luck

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's getting closer to My build of:) here's some of The parts i'm going to use, but as long The paychecks coming in every month there Will be more:) here is some special made bracket fore The mt03 very nice done and you mount it to The front faring mount on The frame, but i dont think i'm going to use it because i dont like that it is to far away from The frame.

Here's some other goodies:)

I dont like barbies so The plastic goes! Hello beutiful[:robssmilie:

/url][url=http://www.customfighters.com/forums/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=25865]

·
Too much is never enough!
2,466 Posts
Blades are one of the best bikes to make streetfighter, good choice. I will be following this build thread mate!!! :thumbsup:

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i saw that you are from Poland. I,m born in Sweden and live in Sweden but both my parents are from Poland.. just some fun curiosa ;)

Blades are one of the best bikes to make streetfighter, good choice. I will be following this build thread mate!!! :thumbsup:

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FINALY i got some time over to start disassemble
The bike:)

Started sorting out som cables from the alarm, dont want it because it's Old so i dont think it. is reliable.

Took out the whole harnesks but i have marked all contacts so i know how to put it. back together when it's time

Tried out my mt03 headlight with the brackets i got with it, but like i tought it. is way much out from the frame:/ it looks good from the front but not from the side

And this is the bike at the moment so soon i'm taking out the engine for some paintwork.

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok so i did a little work yesterday to.
It is an inexpensive way to tune the engine for som extra horsepowers:) people that did this mod are very positively surprised:) maximum speed was 20km/h more and another guy said his bike wanted to wheelie at 4500 rpm instead of 6000 rpm. And it is a very easy mod that anyone can do:) total kost of this mod was 25 Usd:)

Start with taking the carborators of the engine and put it on a bench or if you dont want to take it completely just put a wood board on the frame and work on there:)

Okej first step i started by opening up the end where you can pull out the throttle needles

When you open it up it would look like this

Pull the throttle out and then pull out the neddle holder

This one.. just pull it right out

Then you can take out the needle but make sure you get the little washer out to.

then you have to have some M3 washers availible put two of those on the needle and then put back the original washer. so totally ther should be 3pcs but make sure the original one is the last one you put on.

And then put it in the throttle again and back with the needle holder and then put it toghter, and do the same to all the needles.

Then you have to change the main jets. I bought 140main jets instead of the original 115.

(The one to the left is the 115 and the right one is 140)

Turn the carborators around and open it up

Take out the original jet and put in the new bigger one

And then put it all together again.

Now you have to tighten the mix jet and when it´s maximum in you turn it 3 1/2 turns back out again.

i marked it with a red arrow on the picture

Maybe you already new how to do this mod but if dont. DO IT ;)
That was all for now guys. :)

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got a little more done today, started mocking up the new subframe.
Cut down the old one in pieces to see if i could use something for the new one.. But the brackets i do of the old frame only gonna be a template then i'm going to get the real one done by somebody that could do it. in aluminum.. Couldn't do the under part because of no. Bolts at home:doh: must go to the hard ware store and buy a bunch of bolts. Hate when you want to finish something but you cant because the lack of parts:/

Well here's some pictures.

And here's with the tail faring

Picture of the senat after i sanded it down a little to fit the tank.. Bought it from china and it fits good.. Didn't care about the leather because i'm gonna get a new one made. So i just bought it because it was cheap!
On the picture the leather and stuffing is taken of..

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not Much Done today.. But had to try fit the cbr 1000 under Yoko with stem:) and it fits like the hand in à glove:) thank you Honda for doing usd conversion so easy:rock:

Iv'e orderd som alloy for my subframe barackers to..

Here's a few pictures of the new triple.. Dont have the upper yoko because i'm going to have man made for me with risers.. So now i just have to wait for the forts and then find me a front wheel to.. In the picture you can see what à big diffrens it is from original yoko to cbr 1000 Yoko. Much bigger. :rock:

Only one picture damn photobucket is retarded today obviusly..
Iv'e also going to do a little mod on the airbox that you have to do when you changed the main jets in the carbs.

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have put up this question i the paint and bodywork thread to but i write it here to if somebody can answer it or having a good advice about it :)

I called a place today that andoizing things and im going to do that to my forks and yokos and a couple of things more.. but he asked me if som of the alloy was molded? think thats the word. and i said that my upper triple yoko is custom made so that one is not molded but the under yoko is from factory and i think thoose are molded:/ Anyway he said if the alloy is molded it´s never gonna be good with the anodizing.. So my question is what to do with that one?
I have hard to belive that a painter can find the right color to match the anodized color :/ And i cant afford to have a custom made under yoko to:/

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
orderd som alloy from a company online got it with the mail yesterday:) perfect.. I wonder what you guys think would it hold with 10mm thick alloy for the subframe?

This is the alloy im thinking of using but maybe it should be thicker?

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello guys! Today i got My headlight brackets in the mail from dbdesigns here on cf:) they look great!

I wonder how you other guys with those brackets have Done to mount it to the forks? Some where i can buy som nice fork brackets to?

Here's a few pictures

1 - 20 of 137 Posts