Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 137 Posts

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Tried to make new brackets for the sub frame with the alloy i bought..

But it sucks dont having a column drill? Dont know if thats the Word.. But a drill when you want it to be really straight:/. And cuting the roundbar alloy to small distances isn't easy with a grinder :/ but fuck it no body gonna see the brackets when i'm done anyway..

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Had the perfect friday yesterday
Got My rim with the mail, bought some beer and spent the evening in the garage:)

Like i said before it sucks dont having a bandsaw and a drill press. But i manage to do some good work with my lovely grinder and drillmachine:) im very satisfied with the brakets for the subframe. Only need some fine tuning and then powder coating.

[URL=http://s1017.photobucket.com/user/Hoffmann83/media/image_zps40a71173.jpg.html]

Subframe mounted

Cutted down my leo vince slip on thinking about mount it under de tail.. But Done know yet, maybe its to close to the wheel. And i have to cut of end pipe and have it welded in the right position.

Testfitted the rim and and My radial calipers

The rim has a little crack but i got it for a good price so i can get it fixed later

·
Forearm of Steel
2,581 Posts
Subframe mounts look good. You've got a vote from me for the undertail exhaust, looks like the clearance is fine to me

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
im worried about undertail clearance with the exhaust on my 900rr too. but im using a stock 600rr can whichs alot fatter than the one ur using.

i need to get to work on that thing, makes me sad to go out and see it just sit there in the yard.

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I took messaurments on my friends real cbr 1000 rr and hes bike got much more clearence between the tail and exhaust, i tried to tilt my tail so i hade de same distance like he has but it was whey to high. A nutcrusher for real :)
But i think i will try with an undertail exhaust it looks much bettter.. The thing is im using original swing arm so i have to place it in the hole where the rear shock goes. But iv'e seen it on other bikes so i dont think thats gonna be an issue.

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
i also looked att bolts to the sub frame on probolt yesterday.. DAMN they are expansive if you want it in titan :)

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
DRJelly.. Ye i can imagine it's not fun to sit just stand there.. Do you have winters with snow to? :/

[/B]
im worried about undertail clearance with the exhaust on my 900rr too. but im using a stock 600rr can whichs alot fatter than the one ur using.

i need to get to work on that thing, makes me sad to go out and see it just sit there in the yard.

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
i need your votes guys..
I´m looking on a starter kit of carbon fibre because i am gonna do some cover plates on my sub frame. but i got the idea of maybe wraping the gas tank in carbon to?? Good or bad idea??
it kinda messes up the plan for my paint job on the bike :/

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
yepp ivé seen his bike and it looked pretty bad ass:) hmm well maybe i just start with the small pieces and see how that goes..

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Well not much happend here.. I got a flu out of hell, but i got some nice sex toys in the mail today that i wanted to share:)

Carbonfiber kit not sure yet what im gonna use it for, just want to try working with it and see how it is. Sorry no picture on that..

But here is a nice piece i got today:)

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Got some work Done today!

Started the evening making a helloween pumpkin to My 3 year old:)
The evil one My fiance did and i did the one that pukes:) but it hare to see in the pictures, anyway My 3 year old told me that now the ghosts dont come:)

Dissmounted the engine for some paint, unlycky the battery in the phone died so only two pics. But i post more pictures tomorow when the paint is dry.. I putt the heater on Max in the garage over the night:)

Sprayed alloy cleaner on the enginge its really effectiv put the pics dont show:/

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Got some more work done today.. Cleaned up all hoses on the engine and put them back.
Here is the painted engine:)

And i did the airbox modd you have to do when you have Done the carbmod ( lifting needles and change Malin jets.. It's shown in the beggining of My thread.
You have to cut some plastic on the airbox and on the filters plasticitet to. And if you have à newer blade then 95 you have to ditch the plastic in the middle of the airbox, dont use it at all.

Cut of this

And this on the airbox

And then you have to drill 3 10mm holes in the airbox on each side

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Need your opinions about My forks.. I'm gonna anodized them and first i wanted to do them red and the yokos gold, but it turns out that the under yoko Will not be in the same gold because it is molded not cnc machined.. So now i'm thinking of doing them red end the upper yoko red and then paint the under yoko together with other parts offcourse in gold? Or Should i do the forks in traditional gold? :/ i think red Would be nice. Dont think i have ever seen red ones.

·
Noobie
2,644 Posts
Need your opinions about My forks.. I'm gonna anodized them and first i wanted to do them red and the yokos gold, but it turns out that the under yoko Will not be in the same gold because it is molded not cnc machined.. So now i'm thinking of doing them red end the upper yoko red and then paint the under yoko together with other parts offcourse in gold? Or Should i do the forks in traditional gold? :/ i think red Would be nice. Dont think i have ever seen red ones.
red forks?
\/ 08 zx6r forks

Attachments

21 - 40 of 137 Posts