Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Good looking bike it would amazing with a 99 r1 front end on it. I think someone is selling one in the part for sale classifieds on here. Check it out there's a bunch of good parts for cheap on there

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Good looking bike it would amazing with a 99 r1 front end on it. I think someone is selling one in the part for sale classifieds on here. Check it out there's a bunch of good parts for cheap on there
:doh: lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did some tear down on the bike and here are the pictures.

Basic look of the bike.

Going to swap the forks for a set off of a 80's gl500.

Got the new turn signals to work. Had to upgrade the relay to a electronic relay.

Have to replace the front sprocket.

Replacing the rotted stock mufflers with some chrome tips. Going to sound a lot better.

·
King Ding-A-Ling
806 Posts
Is that relevant?
Sure. Cause TJ can possibly offer up some useful advice to a guy on his first build from being an owner a similar bike.

Now ask yourself, was THAT relevant...? Perhaps a "hi, good luck on the build." , or "looking forward to the outcome." Or something similar, would've been better...yes? :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

·
King Ding-A-Ling
806 Posts
But I digress... Let's welcome the new dude without spamming/flaming posts, or being asshats to other posting member's input, regardless of its relevance to our opinion on the subject.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
The basics of this as what he's told me he wants are to upgrade the brakes while keeping the comstar wheels, since aj bought new tires last year. Replace the rear shocks, paint the frame, engine, tank and plastics. Reshape the seat and have it recovered by the almighty Toc. Decrease the chrome and streamline it all. Its his bike, do what he wants to make it a bike he's proud of.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts