Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
allright well i was hoping to start the thread with a running bike. the guy that sold it to me said it probably just needs to have the carbs cleaned. I'm starting to think that, like me, he has no idea what he's talking about. after a few attempts at starting er up, it turned over less and less. the gauge lights still light up - i charged the battery for 20 some odd hours. I hear the starter trying but nothing. I'm tracking down the honda shop manual but its sunday night i'm restless and have already started peeling things off. I dont want to completely dismatle it untill i can get it running first. any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll be digging through old threads and the whatnot till then. either way here r some pics of what i've got so far.

Attachments

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Well dun fer starting a bild thred mate ! .Is tha battery fooked? Them carbs are notorios fer gummin up if left stood fer any length of time ..

6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well dun fer starting a bild thred mate ! .Is tha battery fooked? Them carbs are notorios fer gummin up if left stood fer any length of time ..
thanks. Yeah the bike sat for a year or so, I'm assuming thats why the previous owner claims it the carbs. I'm going to try and pck up a new battery tomorrow though just to clear that off the check list. I'm leary of pulling the engine out or the carbs off without a manual around though. I might just have to sit tight till tomorrow.

6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well its been a weird couple of weeks since i last posted. End of the fiscal year at work, plus i just retired my car of 5 years -bad transmission, so i'd kinda shelved the bike for a few. Any ways i just finished stripping it down some more. got the carbs out. plan on cleaning them tomorrow. if anyone's got any tips on cleaning carburetors (hurricane specificaly, but any will do) I'm all ears. pics tomorrow when i gets my camera back.
:cfrocks:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts