Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I'm pretty excited to be starting my first street fighter. I have always wanted one and now I have my chance. I just traded my minty 08 GSXR750 for an 04 ZX10R and some cash. BEfore the engine cooled after my ride home I had a bunch of stuff on order. My goal is to keep it pretty simple. For now I'm starting with Renthal bars, new brake lines and an undertail. That and stripping it of all its excess plastic. I still havent decided what I will be doing for a headlight but I like small LED driving lights.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I love those frames. Check out the bike specific pic section some really badass zx10s there

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Tore it open last night. It’s going to need a thorough cleaning and some harness rerouting but it looks pretty good. I’m going to remove the emissions stuff and tear it down as I wait for parts to arrive in the next few weeks. Still haven’t decided on a headlight.

·
Speed Crazy
214 Posts
i like those frames as well.

my next bike will be based completely off frame design and handling/cc's.

keep the pics coming brotha!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We'll I put some more time in this weekend. I cleaned it up a bit, and mounted the bars. Bleeding the new lines was a bit of a pain but the lever is rock hard now. I don't really like this light setup but for now it will let me ride once I have it back together. Still waiting for some parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's been cold here which has slowed my progress but I have all the parts now. Here are some pics with the tank back on, mirrors and my new CF side panels. Still to come are the integrated smoked tail light, gas cap and rear brake line. Also have to get turn signals and figure out my permanent headlight.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Looking good

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
id have to agree

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Cut him a break fellas. Even he admitted it was a temp solution. haha
Translation of "temp solution":

These things are staying on the bike because I want to ride the thing...Then maybe,,, if I get enough shit about them.. On a day I'm not riding the bike... I may, or may not... possibly do something else...

LOVE zx10R's naked, like everyone else said they are a hell of a base! Can't wait to see where this goes, but for real change the lights... :)

It's always better to put the final product on the first time...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Translation of "temp solution":

These things are staying on the bike because I want to ride the thing...Then maybe,,, if I get enough shit about them.. On a day I'm not riding the bike... I may, or may not... possibly do something else...

LOVE zx10R's naked, like everyone else said they are a hell of a base! Can't wait to see where this goes, but for real change the lights... :)

It's always better to put the final product on the first time...
Every time you use a zip tie you're professing your hypocrisy F'dup.

:LolLolLolLol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts