Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a wrecked 1998 Cbr900RR that had no plastics and a junk front end. I bolted up a 2006 GSXR1000 front end. I'll be installing Fat Bars with Tag risers this week and currently trying to finish up the GSXR tail piece.
I'm located in Southern Cali.

Attachments

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
You got some stopping power now !!:party-smiley:

What all was involved in the front end swap ??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a local shop source the parts and bolt it up, so I don't know what was involved.

I bolted on the Fat bars and Tag risers today. I still need to clean up the wiring and get a new brake line.

Attachments

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
spray bomb everything one color!

bike looks great tho! nice work. how do you like the handguards?? i just ordered a set for mine yesterday.

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
I like the idea of hand guards..but those aren't working on that bike. Just my :twocents:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After a CDI and Reg/Rectifer blowout failure $$$$$$$$$... I finally went for a ride in the nearby canyons.... including a little fire road action where I usually ride my quad.HE HE HE:nuts::nuts:

Attachments

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
You can put set of tourances on there and you'll have yourself a fightered out adventure bike.:rock:

·
127 Posts
Not to threadjack here .... but where in socal are you? Me and a couple friends are coming out to Newport Beach next week and renting a couple bikes. Wanting to hit up some canyons and shit. Maybe you can give me some tips as to where to go.

back on subject...tail looks good! did you paint the frame without taking it apart?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not to threadjack here .... but where in socal are you? Me and a couple friends are coming out to Newport Beach next week and renting a couple bikes. Wanting to hit up some canyons and shit. Maybe you can give me some tips as to where to go.

back on subject...tail looks good! did you paint the frame without taking it apart?
Where you visiting from? I can give you some" must do rides" in LA county.... Mohulland to the RockStore and Angeles Crest to Nukems Ranch.
Unfortunately CHP has just imposed, a strict no speeding, crackdown in Mohulland Canyons.

I painted the frame with just the tank removed;satin black.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dual sport tires from Metzler.

I was just looking at some Avon Distancias 160/60/17 they were are little narrow and short. I'd like to get something with same dimensions as my 180/55/17 any ideas? I plan on riding this bike to Cabo San Lucas,Mexico 1016 miles each way.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!

·
127 Posts
coming in from Kansas City. I've heard about muholland and angeles crest. Sucks they're cracking down on muholland, I've heard about it on other car and bike forums I'm on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts