Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

with ducts or without

• yeah baby yeah!

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • youve gotta be shitting me! (face palm)

Votes: 1 20.0%
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so lets begin. this isnt technically my first build but its the first one i decided to put on line.
my first bike was a honda ns125f which i did the following to :
streetfighter headlight with custom mounts
full respray
new grips. Not alot really.

then i had a skyteam st50sm dirt bike thing but engine was scrap so i did the following to it:
new 125cc engine
shortened the back end considerably
different tail lights
stubby stainless can and modified stainless pipe
billet quarter turn throttle
renthal trials bars
lime green mesh work and lime green grips fuel hose etc.

during the time i did this i have also been doing a scratch build of a vfr750fk lump in a chopped and stretched rm 250 frame with vfr 800 swinger and a 200 wide rear wheel but thats been a on going long haul job.

ive also done a ns 125rk complete rebuild with a few mods for my best mate that i finished today.

·
back to being a lucker!
659 Posts
you got photobucket account thats the easiest way to do it upload them then copy the IMG code and paste it in and it will come up :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i had no healdight then i remembered i still had the the headlight shell from my ns125f first bike i owned but i didnt like the single bulb setup so i started to make my own. ill let the pictures give u an idea

i got the shell then i made a piece of acrylic lens

then i needed a lamp holder to mount inside and i found a foxeye unit in my spares tray stripped the old lens off mounted it inside the light which gave me this

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
next up i wanted to use a doherty throttle i had been holding on to from my first bike when i was 13.

long story short i said "dad can i have a bike in the garage to build he said" when u live under my roof u wont be having a motorcycle (dads very anti bike as his dads best mate lost his head under a lorry). so i got it any way and stuck it in my mates garden. it was anold kt250 .

9 years later i had moved out and asked him again and shock he said yes. then i remembered the old kt 250

went round my mates and there i was. A tree had grown through the gap in the frame so i had to cut the tree half down to get the bike free

well the whole bike was pretty rotten so i sold what i could and kept some bits and thats where the throttle came from.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so then some mods where in order first things first the top cap was missing so i mad a new one out of plexi ground it down till it fit and tinted it black (more on the why later)

then i decided to paint it my favorite colour as the whole bike will be going a combination of black and green

·
VVItapdatassVV
292 Posts
Wow! She was a rough-n-rusty little bastid when yuh got her!

Keep it up, she be lookin' good!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for the support guys. i know what u mean pariah on my big build ive actually used the old mudguard support as a rear seat rail bracket.

so anyway back on to my progress. the bike came with stock kmh clocks i dont understand kmh so new clock were in order which meant new brackets etc heres the pics.

then i i covered the back plate in vinyl i got off my mate who builds really mad monkey bikes.

so thats the clocks assembled the faces all need to be the green colour of the temp guage but its getting there.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok one down. the next thing i noticed is as my old right hand switch gear was my throttle but thats simple just remove the throttle tube right? Wrong i couldnt get the doherty throttle to sit beside the switchgear as the pully on the throttle hit it.

time to mod the switch gear.

first i worked out the space needed for the throttle then chopped a section out of the switchgear making sure i left the fixing points in tact.

then i took some aluminum mesh i had from my custom pc days rough cut it then gradually hammered and bent it into a concave shape.

then i fiberglassed it in and filled the front which gave me this:

looks pretty smooth so i was happy and filler primed it.

then after two days of fine sand fill more fine sand more fill etc. i added top coat which then looked like this:

then clear which looks like this:

then i realised that it was let down by the kill switch its self so i painted it :

and now a pic off it all bolted togther :

Sorry guys if theres alot of pics but its easyier to show than tell. :whocares:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts