Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this 99 daytona naked some dude tried and failed at this build so i picked it up thought i would give it a try. Its my first bike build and my first "real" bike ( i have a 09 genuine stella hell yeah)

So we will see how it goes... as it sits

Ripped off the exhuast to wrap em up

Ill have more when i finish the exhaust and take the seat off to chop the back of it off!

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
welcome to CF.. I like to watch old neglected bikes get a makeover and rezzed from the grave.

·
Mek Len Te Han Muro Kar
210 Posts
Such a sweet base for a project, one of Hinkleys finest, I just love the way those motors deliver power.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So i picked up exhaust wrap but they only had black silicone spray and i want the tan color of the wrap....do you really need to use the silicone spray?

And i read a couple things saying soak the wrap befor putting it on and some saying dont....any weigh in on that?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update....finally. Found some time to break away from the new baby and had a three day weekend which was bomb and got a little work done....here you go

Wrapped the exhaust, still not sure if im going to leave it open pipe or put the original can back on and chop it in half. And chopped off the ass:shockerknucks:, just need to figure out what im going to do with maybe relocating the plugs back there or figuring out how to cover them.

Still left to do put in battery, paint the tank, mount handlebars and headlight, tail and turn signals...anyone know anybody selling a 6 - 7 inch headlight cheap and maybe some 7/8 handlebar risers....i cant post on the classifieds for some reason.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
right on looks like im chopping up the can than...anything i should be aware of in doing that cu i have seen people do it but doesnt look like they did anything special except cut it and put it back together

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it's like this... sexy bike (girl) NO BUTT

:LolLolLolLol:

let it be known i love ass on a girl though, just not too much on my bike!

PS. Sub'd and can't wait to see more amigo. I love Triumphs as well. PSS. Where in WA are you?
Thanks for the link. Im up in tacoma (lakewood...more specifically mcchord AFB)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts