Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, here it is. my 1987 FZ-700 fighter. I lovingly refer to it as a rat-fighter, because it tends to be a little of a rat bike and allot of a fighter. if all goes well and I do stick it out with this bike, then it will end up as a crazy ass fighter.

current mods
K&N filter and openned airbox
Fox Shocks rear suspension
Braided brake lines
stripped of all unnecessary bodywork
and I slid the tail light forward as far as I could

mods that are gonna happen soon.
fighter headlight setup
slight tail chop

future mods.
front end swap (R1 or gsxr thou)
custom tripples
Vapor gauges
R1 engine
braced swingarm
more extreme tail chop
and probably upgrade the tires, wheels and brakes as well.
and anything else I can dream up

hhhmmm, anybody know where there's a wrecked R1? I might be lookin for one soon.

happy fightering:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Attachments

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
holy crap! i was wondering if youd ever post up pics! :rock:

good shit. cant wait to see what you turn her into!

also...i work at the salvage yard. so if you want me to look for something. let me know.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sure is ugly aint it? (in my best ******* accent) HAHA. I love that POS

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
If you want a slightly blem R-1 Front fender in Carbon Fiber let me know. I got 4 I rejected from this last batch I had made up.

Also I got one for A GSXR that has a slight blem on the top near the forks but I can see it with the naked eye so agian REJECT!

Small things like the material is not laid out perfect in the fork area. Might not even see it but it is not perfect So I rejected it.

Will let any of them go for 75 usd plus shipping (About 25 bucks) Note these are Carbon top layer FRp two under layers NOT 100% Carbon Fiber. I like to be upfront and honest about such things.

R-1 fits 2004-06 (Maybe 03 not sure) also an R-6 06
GSXR fits a bunch of bikes 600, 750, 1000 Various years..

Sorry to steal your thread.

Your bike looks kewl but the head light man.. the horror...the horror... Whats your plans for the lighting?

I am a big Yamaha Fan so nice to see an old paint brought back to life. Kepe it up bro

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thatks for the kind words everybody.

chinasteve
I'll have to do the front end swap before I think about a new front fender:) I'll keep your offer in mind though, thanks

yeah, the lights are pretty damn ugly. once I get the tail chopped I was gonna incorperate an SV tail light. that should look MUCH MUCH better. As for the headlight I was thinkin of goin with somethin a bit different. I found a chopper headlight from drag specialties that looks really cool. probably gonna go with that. I'm a big yamaha fan too, so all the work will be worth it (at least to me)

green lantern
you sure you don't wanna give the engine up?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
Gixerman said:
Nice bike thats got some great potentual, its good to see that some of you guys are fightering some older and more unusual bikes than the norm, keep up the good work :D
+1 in the land of the i do what everyone else does.

its good to see theres still individuals among the sheep!

:metal:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, I found a 97 yzf-1000 thunderace motor complete with wireing harness, headers, and pod filters (already rejetted) for $650. I'm thinkin I might go with it if its still there when I have the money, since r1 motors tend to go for about twice that.

I also found a complete 03 R1 parts bike less the fairings, gauges and coolant resevior for $2650. that would be the way to go if I had the money. the fork tubes and rims are straight as far as I can tell. certificate of destruction for a title. that would be sweet becaust then I could use all the parts from it that I want then sell the rest. we'll have to see how this winter turns out.

I'm thinkin flat black and flat grey for colors? what do you think?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
fslflint said:
I'm thinkin flat black and flat grey for colors? what do you think?
im thinking yes..

oh and im also thinkin we got an R1 motor at my work now!

you know the deal...send me a request so i dont forget to price it out tomorrow.

www.skycycle-salvage.com

CF.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I could send you a parts request, but I'd rather wait until I have a little bit of money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts