Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I got my FZ-700 last winter. it was in overall good condition but hadn't been inspected in 10 years. so I got it home and did what I could in my driveway. after a while I tired of the small stuff and thought I would take it to a local shop that had been highly recomended to me. well I made an appointment to get a state inspection and whatever else it needed. so I take it to the shop and drop it of, the guy says it will need a new chain and sprocket, OK. but then about 3 weeks later I call him and guess what.... he hadn't even started on it. holy crap!!

well, long (too long) story short, after about 2 and a half months he finally calls me today and says its done, chuckles and says "finally". I was sweatin the bill and he's kinda droppin hints that its big. so He gives me the total and its $200 in parts and 7 hours in labor. WFT!!??!! I'm pretty relieved but still a little confused. how does sincronizing the carbs, replacing the chain and sprocket, and rerouting some of the wireing harness take 2.5 months and only have 7 hours in labor?

so I'll be ridin again either this weekend or on monday. WOOHOOO

·
Fcuk bitches, get money.
167 Posts
umm i coulda had that plus cleaned the house, cooked some dinner, done the laundry, bathed both my dogs AND studied for a final in a matter of 24 hours. get a better mechanic!! :wtf:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
xanetax, Wanna go on a date?

I am more than aware that I need a different mechanic. I was really pissed because I could have done all that myself, but I was workin 60-70 hours a week and I didn't have time. but its done now, and he knows that I won't be sending any more business his way.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
he musta been REAL behind on his service schedule if it took him 2 1/2 months to get at your bike for "7" hours. even though i doubt it really took him that long at all.

it really is a bitch to get your bike worked on unless you personally know the people you are dealing with.

i guess you really do have to know somebody these days. :(

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
ab420 said:
Wow... 2 1/2 months??? I would've been there every day bugging him, that's just messed up to keep someones bike that long and not even touch it.
we get some bikes at our shop like that too, but not because of the shop this is the customers.
:wtf:
this NICE triumph speed 3 sat at our shop for at least two weeks to get a tire change and brake pads(had to wait for parts to come in)

. . .an f4i has been there for like 2 months and not even started on (because he doesnt have the money to do it yet). And an o6 R6 sat there for at least 3 the entire summer before we started working on it (same story, waiting for insurance money to pay for it).

so its not always the shops fault. but i know if it was my bike id be after my fuckin insurance company to get that fuckin check out and get my bike fixed. that shit makes me crazy. having a fucked up bike during the best 1/4 of the year we get to ride. HELL NO!

:LolLolLolLol:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, its home.

god, it feels great to be back on two wheels.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
woo hoo! better get some riding in before the bad season comes :mad:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, I've put 290 miles on it since I picked it up yesterday at 2pm. so, yes I'm trying to make up for lost time

·
Fcuk bitches, get money.
167 Posts
xanetax, Wanna go on a date?

I am more than aware that I need a different mechanic. I was really pissed because I could have done all that myself, but I was workin 60-70 hours a week and I didn't have time. but its done now, and he knows that I won't be sending any more business his way.
haha sure zach ;)

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
holy friggin thread digging Aneta

·
Fcuk bitches, get money.
167 Posts
haha. hey, i was quite bored the other night n readin thru some shiat- obviously. ive been slacking quite a bit n missin out on a lot. ill be on more often if time permits. :)

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats good. we've missed you around here.

ok, maybe not, but at least I was trying to say something nice

·
gsxR fighteR
311 Posts
i had a moto guzzi in the shop one time that needed a warranty update. according to the update the bike could not be ridden. i(and the customer of course) waited for those parts for a year. isn't that gross. the customer was pissed at guzzi, but fortunately not at me. in the meantime the dealership i work at dropped moto guzzi for this exact reason, a lot of customers waited for like a year to get parts. hopefully they have gotten their shit together now but i sure am glad i do not have to work on those piles of shit anymore.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts